Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
An interview with Ferguson residents.
You've made the bulk of your posts in this thread about your analysis of my thinking and post style/construction, not the shooting incident or the broader case at hand. Read your posts; it's right there. There's no restriction against doing that here.

I've addressed aspects of the case, along with your critiques, suggestions, and claims about me. Some of what you posted struck me as mock-worthy, so I mocked it in the process. There's no restriction against doing that here.

If your logic questions were not intended to be so basic as to be interpreted as rhetorical, I'll gladly answer them for you. There is no gumption required in doing so. Here you go, Cutz.

If I'm a teacher... and another teacher from my school is arrested for having a relationship with a student... am I suddenly a pedophile as well?
MY ANSWER: The fact that you're associated with a pedophile does not make you a pedophile.

If I'm accused by a student of sexual harassment, does the other teacher's arrest imply that I too am guilty? It should have no bearing.
MY ANSWER: The fact that you have an association with someone who's arrested for sexual harassment does not imply to me that you are guilty of sexual harassment (nor does it imply to me that the person arrested must be guilty).

If it's alleged within the community that the school where you work breeds a culture of pedophiles and sexual harassers, it's something that I'd expect people to discuss, whether the allegation is ultimately true or not. I would not support restricting people from thinking about or discussing that allegation (or any other). I also would not insist that having those thoughts or discussions equates to deeming accused individuals of being guilty.

Characterize my posts in any way you like. I'm a wordy bitch sometimes and you're not required to read anything that I or anyone posts, of course. There's also very little that's outta limit for discussion here, even if it isn't covered by national media. It's a free-thinking community where everybody does their own thing -- not narrow or restricted to the comfort level of any individual.

If you wanna tell people what or how they think or make suggestions about what they should or shouldn't post, it's not realistic to expect people (me or anyone else) to insincerely agree with you or conform to your personal preferences. It doesn't matter who you're addressing; in my experience, that's rarely going to happen here.

We don't have to agree, Cutz, and you don't have to like my style for me to be glad you're here and posting, in any case.

Messages In This Thread
An interview with Ferguson residents. - by Maggot - 08-24-2014, 08:40 PM
RE: An interview with Ferguson residents. - by HairOfTheDog - 08-31-2014, 07:20 PM