Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Missing Arkansas Realtor - Beverly Carter, 49
Why?

I wonder what the hell happened at that vacant house. Police have said there was no evidence of a crime being committed there.

It's been reported that Lewis flipped houses at some point and had a lot of cash on him at times. It's possible to me that he booked the showing with Beverly under his own name without planning on a kidnap/murder. If Lewis' name was in her appointment calendar, that could be one of the reasons he was so quickly pegged as a POI.

Kinda puzzled about the possible motive on this one, unless it was a targeted sexual assault. He left her purse inside of her car outside the vacant house. So, I think he probably forced her out of her vehicle as she tried to leave and wasn't thinking of robbery at the time. Doesn't seem likely that the plan was kidnap for ransom either; no demands were ever made, AFAIK.

Anyway, turns out that Beverly was buried in a shallow grave about 20 miles for the vacant house. The grave was on the property of Argos Cement in Cabot. Lewis worked at Argos up until a couple of months ago.

Beverly's funeral is scheduled for Saturday at the First Pentecostal Church in North Little Rock.

Ref: http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/s...ZfzKI8DoLw

Messages In This Thread
RE: Missing Arkansas Realtor - Beverly Carter, 49 - by HairOfTheDog - 10-02-2014, 05:55 PM