Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE
(12-14-2014, 06:45 AM)Duchess Wrote: If kids are going to be shot dead in a park for playing with their toy guns then something has to change. The orange tips are worthless. I'd suggest paint but I think that would be worthless as well. As an aside, I recently read about a man with a real gun who painted it to look like a toy.

The cop who shot him needs to resign or be fired, one or the other, he has no business in uniform, none.

Hush your mouth, Duchess!

According to the Cleveland Patrolmen's Association President Jeffrey Follmer, cops are invincible; they can't ever be in the wrong, nor should they be questioned. People need to stop questioning cops and just do as they're told -- that's the change needed to solve most everything, period.

Personally, I know better; I've seen differently. The police don't always respond appropriately and they sometimes lie; citizens get unjustly killed by police sometimes. It happens. Mr. Follmer might wanna read the DOJ investigation report into Cleveland PD -- at least one of the three reports, if he hasn't already.

Anyway, Follmer doesn't mention anything about the lies told by police reps in Tamir's case, nor how Loehmann's record of performance or case-specific tactical errors might figure into Tamir's death. He sure seems to have a lot to say in opposition to freedom of speech for others, though.

[Image: andrewhawkinstamirriceap1-638x488.jpg]

Follmer labeled Cleveland Browns' Andrew Hawkins as "pathetic" for wearing a shirt calling for justice for Tamir on Sunday.

"It's pretty pathetic when athletes think they know the law," Follmer said on Sunday. "They should stick to what they know best on the field. The Cleveland Police protect and serve the Browns stadium and the Browns organization owes us an apology."

After Hawkins explained on Monday that he wore the shirt thinking of what could happen to his 2-year-old son, Follmer refused to back down.

"It's not a call for justice, they were justified," Follmer said during an interview on MSNBC Monday evening. "Cleveland police officers work with the Cleveland Browns hand-in-hand, and when he disrespects two of our police officers, he disrespects everybody else." (HOTD: for real?)

"How about this? Listen to police officers commands, listen to what we tell you, and just stop," Follmer said. "I think that eliminates a lot of problems. I have kids too, they know how to respect the law. They know what to do when a police officer comes up to them. (HOTD: well, the police actually rolled and skidded up on Tamir reportedly screaming at him from inside a car -- I'm not sure that counts as "coming up to him"...).

"I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it, and if you're wrong you're wrong, and if you're right, then the courts will figure it out."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/15...30990.html

That's what the man says. I believe many people agree with him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE - by HairOfTheDog - 12-16-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Midwest Spy - 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Blindgreed1 - 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by username - 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM