Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE
(10-11-2015, 11:15 AM)Duchess Wrote: I don't agree with their findings and I think it's fucked up. The_Villagers

I don't think their findings will all but determine the Grand Jury's decision if the Grand Jury is presented with the surveillance video and asks for information about the rapid approach and almost immediate shooting.

The two experts' conclusions are not in regards to whether the officers broke Ohio law or Cleveland PD policy. They are only in relation to the Constitutionality of the officers' actions, it turns out. http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/...-continues

So, one year later, and it took two experts to essentially conclude, "under the 4th Amendment people who reasonably fear that lives are in jeopardy are justified in using lethal force against the perceived threat, and these two officers had reason to believe Tamir Rice presented a threat to their lives based on what the 911 dispatcher told them." Well, no shit. But, that's only part of the picture.

I believe the Grand Jury will also consider whether the officers should have been on top of Tamir Rice so quickly and what, if any, commands were given. They might come to the conclusion that the shooting was justified given the full context and that no action should be taken against the officers, but I don't think that's a given.

Anyway, I understand the frustration of the family and its lawyer... “These supposed ‘experts’ – all pro-police – dodge the simple fact that the officers rushed Tamir and shot him immediately without assessing the situation.”

Prosecutor McGinty said the report were released in the interests of being “as public and transparent as possible”. But, he also criticized Officers Loehmann and Garmback for refusing to co-operate with investigators and “needlessly delaying the process of justice”.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE - by HairOfTheDog - 10-11-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Midwest Spy - 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Blindgreed1 - 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by username - 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM