Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Post Your Stupid 2015 Resolutions That You Won't Keep...
To the Smokers: I probably have lectured to you before, but sometimes you hope that something you said or say might influence someone, but it is different somehow with smokers. I have friend in Littleton CO who still smokes in spite of all her health issues. Nagging and lecturing doesn't work with her or any other smoker; my mother nagged at me to quit for years. I smoked 50 years and quit in 1999. However, in 2004, i was diagnosed with emphysema. I eventually had to move from high altitude (7500 ft) to sea level here in Phoenix. At first, I only needed oxygen at night, but this disease is progressive and eventually I had to go to 247 with the oxygen. I can't take a shower, can't do most household tasks, etc without oxygen as this is a progressive disease. I only mention my case to maybe give you the courage to succeed in your battle with nicotine. I quit by using Zyban; don't hear anything about it anymore. I started medicine and by the 4th day, the cigarettes literally tasted like shit so I would light cigarette and then put it out. I would wake up and my house smelled like an ashtray. As i recall, you had about two weeks to quit after starting meds. I think I was in day 4 or 5 when I quit smoking for good with no relapses (1999). I do hope that all of you give it a try.
I have only one resolution and that is to quit posting so much on Facebook. You just can't fix stupid so why try. I am going to direct my energy elsewhere. I also would like to apologize to a certain person here on Mock. I wrote a really nasty reply to her and she didn't deserve that. It would be very boring if we all agreed with each other....Yeah, I may be a little crazy, but it keeps life interesting and I like to hang out with other "interesting" people.
OTD, wish you would post more often so I won't be the only old person on here. Sometimes, these young whippersnappers can be downright rude to their elders and ignore the wisdom of our years on this earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post Your Stupid 2015 Resolutions That You Won't Keep... - by blueberryhill - 01-01-2015, 07:34 PM