Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ANOTHER PLANE CRASH
(04-01-2015, 10:57 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-01-2015, 09:57 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: She has the audacity to misuse what traditionally airlines call their passengers, i.e, souls to the 300 million people she was referring to who got
"screwed" by Obama (according to her). What a stupid, ignorant, tasteless, political fuck up!!! She and some of her cohorts are some of the dumbest people i personally have ever seen (maybe worse than Sarah Palin), who are supposedly speaking for the people. Some of these people need to have MRI's of the brain before they go into the political arena and open their mouth. Unbelievable!!!!

She's is an unbelievably audacious ignoramus much of the time. This is one of those times.

Both of her analogies here are ill-fitting and hyper-dramatic attempts at fear mongering.

-The 300 million citizens living in the US are not comparable to the 149 dead victims of the Germanwings crash, nor are the 1.7 billion citizens living in the other five countries whose leaders are currently working to reach a nuclear proliferation agreement with Iran.

-And, neither President Obama nor any of the other P5+1 Presidents/PMs involved in the nuclear negotiations with Iran is comparable to the psychotic mass murderer who used a plane as a weapon to eviscerate the 149 babies, children, men, and women aboard that Germanwings flight.

She's a dipshit alright. Hey, maybe Cruz will choose her as his running mate? Smiley_emoticons_wink

This would not surprise me, and it is downright scary, that so many would vote for them.

That cow ranks up there with Ann Coulter.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-02-2015, 09:44 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: He was depressed and apparently suicidal.

Fair enough get thee to a garage turn the ignition and monoxide yourself no need to take 150 innocent people with you. Typical kraut.

Of course, that would be the normal thing to do, but it has happened before and nationality had nothing to do with it. "Typical kraut" is insulting to every person whose ancestors were Germans. My great grandfather came here from Prussia. There is no reason to generalize and suggest that this is a typical action of a German. Your opinion counts, but try not to generalize.
(04-02-2015, 02:46 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: There is no reason to generalize and suggest that this is a typical action of a German. Your opinion counts, but try not to generalize.

Sure there is...if it pushes some buttons. 39

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for CN not to voice his opinions or generalize. You need the oxygen and the fat, troll can't help himself.
Commando Cunt Queen
Updates

-- Today, the French prosecutor confirmed that the flight data recorder has been located in an area of the ravine that had previously been searched; it's burned/blackened but may be usable.

-- German and French investigators found that Lubitz had researched suicide and cockpit door security on the internet in the days before the crash.

-- Searchers and medical examiners believe they have collected DNA from all 150 people identified as being on-board; it will take some time to match the body parts, clothes, and other materials gathered with the DNA samples provided by the families. Items recovered and matched will be given to the victims' families for burial or whatever they choose.

--In providing the investigation status, French Prosecutor Brice Robin underlined French investigators' conviction that "Lubitz was alive until the moment of impact, we are nearly certain. ... Alive and conscious." He also said the co-pilot appears to have acted repeatedly to stop an excessive speed alarm from sounding.

--Each of the passengers’ families was given an immediate payment of £35,000 (about USD $51,000).

--Insurers for the airline expect to pay damages of £700,000 for each of the 144 passengers and six crew (Lubitz's family may be entitled if it's shown Lufthansa failed in its duty as an employer). That's about USD $1.04 million each.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/02...92420.html
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ma...very-49525
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...ts-5435626
[Image: 2741028600000578-3024346-image-a-29_1428063086927.jpg]
The second black box ^, which was found charred and crumpled at the crash site on Thursday, contains the flight recorder which measures data such as speed, altitude and pilot action.

It is an 'indispensable element' in the investigation, according to investigators.

While data is still being extracted from it, French air accident investigators said initial readings confirm that Lubitz used the automatic pilot to put the plane into a descent and repeatedly adjusted the controls to speed up the aircraft as it headed for the alps.

It was also reported that Lubitz told doctors he was on sick leave rather than flying and had been prescribed an anti-anxiety drug, Lorazepam. Those on the drug are advised not to drive a car, let alone fly a commercial jetliner. Medical experts say it can also increase the risk of self-harm at the start of treatment.

Sources:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/germanwings-...1428055460
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...veals.html
Also known as Ativan. Well at least now we know how he was able to stay so calm flying that plane in to the mountains. Take a handful of those and you just.wouldn't.care.
Commando Cunt Queen

Do y'all think anything will come of this in regards to a pilot's right to privacy and your right to know? Almost every time something of this magnitude happens those in charge will say they never dreamed it could happen and that they have learned from it. Something has to change now and people should already be working on affecting that change. Frankly I'm not even sure why they would think 2 people in the cockpit at all times would make a difference. Big people overpower smaller people all the time.
^ I think most European airlines will make some changes, Duchess. A couple of them have already.

Two people in the cockpit at all times won't mean there's no possibility for future pilot sabotage, that's true. But, I think it does reduce the risk.

If he'd never been left alone at the controls, it would have been more difficult for Lubitz to crash the plane, in my opinion. He still might have gone for it, but personally I think he would have been much less likely to succeed.

Being alone in that cockpit, he faced no challenge or resistance whatsoever. He just switched the cockpit lock button and piloted everyone to their deaths.
(04-03-2015, 02:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do y'all think anything will come of this in regards to a pilot's right to privacy and your right to know? Almost every time something of this magnitude happens those in charge will say they never dreamed it could happen and that they have learned from it. Something has to change now and people should already be working on affecting that change. Frankly I'm not even sure why they would think 2 people in the cockpit at all times would make a difference. Big people overpower smaller people all the time.

Another person in the cockpit might have at least been able to open the door. That could have made the world of difference and yeah, it seems like that policy (2 people in the cockpit at all times) is immediately changing as a result of this event.

I'm not sure about the privacy laws. First, if psychiatrists etc. are mandated to report to employers about depressed employees, you run the risk that fewer employees will seek treatment (or be honest) knowing that from their lips...goes to the employer's ear (possibly). Second, where does it end? Pilots? Train operators? Bus drivers? Taxi drivers?

I think the former solution (always having 2 people in the cockpit, perhaps ensuring that there's some override code that employees can use outside of the cockpit to access it if needed) are more realistic solutions. Although...probably just having 2 people in the cockpit at any given time is probably the BEST solution. Suppose all the crew on the plane knew the "access code" for the cockpit. All it would take would be a terrorist grabbing one crew member and threatening to blow off their head if he/she didn't give them the "access code" and bang, you take one employee down after another until someone opens up the cockpit door. Sometimes the simplest approach is better...always have 2 people in the cockpit. Maybe 3.

Yeah, I've decided, always two or three in the cockpit is best.
Commando Cunt Queen
I just love that it's called the cockpit.

Bow chicka bow wow.
(04-04-2015, 09:44 PM)username Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 02:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Another person in the cockpit might have at least been able to open the door. That could have made the world of difference and yeah, it seems like that policy (2 people in the cockpit at all times) is immediately changing as a result of this event.

I'm not sure about the privacy laws. First, if psychiatrists etc. are mandated to report to employers about depressed employees, you run the risk that fewer employees will seek treatment (or be honest) knowing that from their lips...goes to the employer's ear (possibly). Second, where does it end? Pilots? Train operators? Bus drivers? Taxi drivers?

I think the former solution (always having 2 people in the cockpit, perhaps ensuring that there's some override code that employees can use outside of the cockpit to access it if needed) are more realistic solutions. Although...probably just having 2 people in the cockpit at any given time is probably the BEST solution. Suppose all the crew on the plane knew the "access code" for the cockpit. All it would take would be a terrorist grabbing one crew member and threatening to blow off their head if he/she didn't give them the "access code" and bang, you take one employee down after another until someone opens up the cockpit door. Sometimes the simplest approach is better...always have 2 people in the cockpit. Maybe 3.

Yeah, I've decided, always two or three in the cockpit is best.

Yep, the pilot & copilot never leave the cockpit all flight long . They should just have, sit on "bed pan" seats. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(04-04-2015, 10:31 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I just love that it's called the cockpit.

Bow chicka bow wow.

I really wish you hadn't pointed that out to me. I've taken the name for granted until now. Never again.

From hence forth, it is the "flight deck". Smiley_emoticons_slash Jeebus.
Commando Cunt Queen

Good luck, people. Not only do terrorists want to fly you into skyscrapers (or the sea and mountains) but so do your pilots. Happy trails.
Not so fast there Chi ka, since this tragedy, there have been several thousand successful flights (hear a plane flying overhead as typing this) that have taken place. There's danger in everything we do, even falling off a horse is a danger. Chris Reeve quickly comes to mind, he's a celebrity, so we heard about him, don't how many unknowns have got maimed or worse we have not heard about.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

There's always today or tomorrow, next week or next month. There's still time, Cars.
I finished my online traffic school course the other day. If I recall correctly, you have about a 1 in 5 chance of being involved in a car crash in your lifetime, a 1 in 35,000 chance of being involved in a car crash that includes a fatality and a 1 in 100,000,000 chance of being involved in an airline crash.

At least I think that's what the Improv Online Comedy/Traffic school said. Anyway, I'm way more likely to die driving back to Sacramento today.
Commando Cunt Queen
Looks like investigators have a good case to rule the crash as being planned and premeditated by Lubitz.

He appears to have been practicing his mass murder strategy on a previous flight with the same pilot and crew.

Snip:
Lubitz seemed to be toying with the plane's settings on an earlier flight from Duesseldorf to Barcelona, programming it for sharp descent multiple times in a 4 1/2-minute period while the pilot was out of the cockpit before resetting the controls, France's BEA investigation agency said in an interim report on the crash.

Prosecutors have said that Lubitz intentionally locked the pilot out of the cockpit on the later March 24th flight and crashed the plane on its return flight to Duesseldorf.

Wednesday's 30-page report said the same crew was aboard both flights — and the pilot appeared to have left the cockpit during the earlier flight as well, for about 4 ½ minutes.

Full story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/06...20658.html
What an asshole.