Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PAY TO KILL
I was also surprised when I was living in Africa and found out about this a bit closer.

Take Kenya.

There was a time when it was about trophy hunting, a time when half of Hollywood and Hemmingway had their tents put up in the Mara or Tsavo. Those times Kenya was under British rule and all areas were designated to Hunters. Mainly white, but also one little Indian guy who at my time was quite ancient, and the only man I know who wrestled a Lion and killed him with a knife, thereby loosing half his butt, and who was thrown up in the air by a Buffalo and as he described it luckily landed right next to his rifle, so boom! He hunted with Burton.

Anyway, so each Hunter had his area, and what do proper Hunters do? They manage their area! Meaning taking care of poachers, making sure they get fucked up, and having a rather lucrative business by having well paying clientele from over seas paying large amounts of money for those animals chosen by the Hunter as they would have to go anyway, but provide nice trophies on top of it, i.e. the old Elephant Bull, Lion Male, etc. It's a natural process that would happen anyway and is just sped up. Main point being, the healthy stock of animals is being taken care off. Also as any farmer will tell you, a certain area of land can only accommodate that many animals. That's when "kulling" was introduced, first in South Africa I believe. If you just let a population of Elephants grow and they only have that many square kilometers, because humans also somehow managed to creep into their environment with their annoying huts and yummy corn fields, you are asking for unavoidable trouble. And that goes for Giraffes, Zebra's, pretty much any larger one of the animals.

So then the Hunters where told to fuck off, now it's the Government that takes care of all these animals. How many small tusks are being tried to be smuggled out of Kenya nowadays you think as they just kill any and everything? Poaching has taken over, and by now in South Africa you find Para Military style anti poaching groups trying to take care of that problem.

All those people who go "Boohooo, how dare they shoot that wonderful Giraffe, Eland or male Lion and even take a pic with it!!" have never been in Africa I believe. I don't think you will see pictures of female Lions, but even that has taken on another silly level in SA, where they keep male Lions nowadays on some farms and train them like Kittikats, so people come and shot them while the "Owner" calls them, money makes people do all sort of stupid stuff I guess, but proper hunting is nothing bad at all. The meat is going to the locals or if it is nice one, like Tommy, Eland, and especially Zebra, best meat of the lot, goes to the Restaurants around the area.

By now this "Don't touch the Wildlife!" is something utterly silly done by white people far away who have never been in a village that's been devastated by Elephants or especially Hippo's, I have seen large concrete walls that they just simply walked thru when they take off, and in the case of Kenya implemented by same, as the KWS (Kenyan Wildlife Service) is run by the Brits who so love the idea to preserve what they have fucking killed in their own country, but don't give a hoot if a black child is eaten by Crocodiles on a weekly basis along Tana River, but don't touch the Crocodiles, besides, those Blacks get 300US$ per killed family member, so they ain't too bad off really, are they old chap?!

I read just this week about a little boy who was eaten by a croc in front of his Dad.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The one I mentioned, Tana River, it happened every week. Don't know if I mentioned it before but we actually had a joke in Kenya.

Mother comes running to father "The Crocs ate Kamau when he went to fetch water!"

And this keeps happening over the years with all their 9 kids, so one night when the woman snuggles up to Dad, he goes "Hell no, no more of this rubbish, I ain't feeding those Crocodiles anymore!"

And sadly it's true and made me puke.

In the States, don't you have a Moose season?
(05-23-2015, 03:05 PM)Mohammed Wrote: In the States, don't you have a Moose season?

Hell yeah, moose season, deer season, bear season, elk season, etc.
Hunting for sport and not eating your kill is disgusting to me. What I find REALLY disgusting is when people pay obscene amounts of money to go "hunt" what is basically almost a caged animal. I don't know the specifics but I've read the animals are basically confined to a certain area...there's no "hunt" involved. The animals that I've read about in those circumstances don't really have a chance.
Commando Cunt Queen
Duch, would you go out and protest against Moose, Deer or Bear season?

User, it depends. There will always be bad ones in anything, as I mentioned with the Lions, in South Africa you have farms by now where they keep young male lions, grow them up, and they actually become sort of like pets. That famous Lion you see in the Gods must be Crazy was kept locked up on a farm because every time visitors came, he ran up to them, jumped on them and started licking them like a dog, which resulted in many a close heart attack, hence they had to keep him enclosed.

So then those bad farms call "Hunters" that pay indeed very well, a male Lion trophy goes for about 15k I believe, then just lead them thru some bush where they know their Lion is waiting, then whistle, the guy comes, and Bamm! I was also a bit shocked when I heard this. Nasty business.

But such is not the case with Zebra's, Giraffes, Elands, Wilderbeast, etc. Or even Elephant, but I don't think there is any trophy hunting going on for Elephants anymore, same with Rhino's. So that confined area is mainly a Ranch the size of those you got in Texas. Each Ranch owner pretty much knows how much and what wild life he got on his Ranch. So every year you get a quota, meaning so many of these and those can and need to be shot. Any old bulls roaming around, etc. It is simply land management.

Then you have countries like Zambia that still do wild safaris. Meaning you go out into the bush and shoot in the wild, but even there, if it ain't poaching, it is controlled. Just like Duch says, you got all your seasons in the States, it is exactly the same over there, just different animals, and most people are just upset or shocked because it is Exotic Animals, meaning they don't grow in their backyard and they only see them on TV being hugged by Jacques Cousteau's off spring.

What upsets me is that because it is Africa, people in the West seem to believe humanity must conserve those wonderful animals, yet at the same time wiped out pretty much all their wild life back home. There was a lone Brown Bear that crossed the border from Czech Republic into Germany. After a week he was dead.

And it's those same people that go "Shame on you!" when they see a single dead Giraffe with a guy sitting on it.
(05-23-2015, 03:35 PM)Mohammed Wrote: Duch, would you go out and protest against Moose, Deer or Bear season?

No, I've never participated in a protest about anything, I just get vocal with my friends when it comes to sport hunting. I understand eating what you kill and culling a herd and that's about it. I do not like killing for fun or for the sake of simply killing. It pisses me off. I don't even like the idea that something would have to die in order to feed me and wish I could say I've never eaten something that has a face.
I'm absolutely the same. Love to hunt and every time I see wildlife, I just see it wonderfully roasting away over a nice, romantic fire with a bottle of Brandy in my hand. Fuck trophies and they sure don't make sense to me, but alas, there is good business in it so imagine Chinese paying 5000$ a head for a Moose. No doubt the US Government would jump on the idea. Or any other really.
If it's legal, no problem at all. What really pissed me off, is canned hunts...no matter what the species.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.