Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
GRUESOME BEVER FAMILY MURDERS, OK -- TEEN SONS ARRESTED
(07-25-2015, 07:45 PM)sally Wrote: I'm curious to hear about the parents, I bet they were freaks. How do you end up with a kid like that at no fault of your own? Or maybe the house was possessed like Amityville.

I'm curious too.

All I've found so far is that the kids were kept on sort of a short leash, the kids were the light of mom's eyes, dad was a very successful technology administrator for major companies and he worked from home all or part of the time, the family lived in a very safe and upscale area, and the kids were home-schooled by mom from the time that the oldest, Robert, was in kindergarten.

Some great people/parents raise fucked up kids; this I know. Some fucked up people/parents raise equally fucked up kids who parrot their parents' behavior; that's a fact. And, some fucked up people/parents raise great kids who vow from a very early age not to be like their parents and keep that vow until the day they die; I can think of several examples. So, I'm not ready to blame the parents just yet.

I've read some comments by people who think home-schooling is at least partially to blame. They contend that if the boys had been in regular school and socializing with other kids their own age, the boys would have been better adjusted (or, at least, their issues would likely have been detected by others prior to the slaughter of the family). I see the merit in that argument.

Then again, most kids who've murdered family members or classmates attended public schools.

Messages In This Thread
RE: GRUESOME BEVER FAMILY MURDERS, OK -- TEEN SONS ARRESTED - by HairOfTheDog - 07-25-2015, 08:22 PM