Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Handicapped Parking deterrent
Most of you know I am a huge advocate for people with disabilities. I just HATE seeing able bodied people using spots for Handicapped parking, and they do not have a tag. THIS is what has been developed in Russia. Turn your volume up.

Many people who have spouses or relatives with the handicap placard just use it on any car they are in. There is not much you can do to get people to stop being so damn lazy. Ostracizing them as they get out of the car and walk into a store might do something but many people don't have the balls to do that to a perfect stranger. People just suck.
I say things sometimes as I walk into a store behind someone that does that and I get dirty looks. Saving the world is a tough job.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
My mother is handicapped and has a card. She has never driven in her life and my OL and I are the ones who run her around. So she leaves the card with us. It would be so easy to pull it out and use it when she is not in the car, but that is not my style. I am the type that usually parks a little farther away from the door and don't mind the walk. Hell, a lot of times when she is in the car I don't even use it. I just drop her off at the door and go park, then walk back. Its not that hard or time consuming to walk a few feet extra.
(10-09-2015, 09:50 AM)F.U. Wrote: . Hell, a lot of times when she is in the car I don't even use it. I just drop her off at the door and go park, then walk back. Its not that hard or time consuming to walk a few feet extra.

Had a friend who dis the same thing when her mom no longer drove. She figured she was saving the spot for someone who did not have an able bodied driver.

I have a card, and still get dirty looks when I use it, or if use the Mart Cart at a store...use that if I am having a VERY troubling hip or knee day. Here I am, in my 60's, with grey hair and had a older lady yell at me because "these are meant for OLD people." Guess I should have taken it as a complement. LOL
I also like the expecting mothers spots I have ben seeing around here. They are right next to the handicapped spots in front of the doors.
My mom could have had one, but she very rarely drove anywhere with me except doctors appointments so I never bothered getting it for her. The only time I would have liked to use it for myself is when you go somewhere and you can't find a damn parking spot ANYWHERE, but there are a 100 available handicapped spots. Like at an event for example. I would have used that mofo at the seafood festival, I'm not gonna lie.
(10-09-2015, 06:06 PM)sally Wrote: I would have used that mofo at the seafood festival, I'm not gonna lie.

I hear ya. If I had access to one I'd use it at the stadium. 50
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-09-2015, 10:08 AM)F.U. Wrote: I also like the expecting mothers spots I have ben seeing around here. They are right next to the handicapped spots in front of the doors.

THOSE piss me off. Most pregnant women are NOT in any way disabled and walking from a regular parking space is good for their fat asses and for the baby. I think those are stupid and patronizing.
Commando Cunt Queen
In AZ, they hand out those temporary gimpy placards, like candy on Halloween.

I think they are the free gift with an AARP membership.
I don't want to do away with the 2nd amendment but I think the "well regulated" part deserves revisiting. And certain arms are NOT legal to possess already; I don't have a problem revisiting that list either.
Commando Cunt Queen
I was unaware that temporary gimpy placards were a 2nd Amendment issue. hah
Username, the drunk and confused moderator.
A great story from Yahooooooo about a disabled vets parking validation.

[Image: 048f911a495a27833f12e6053a93bb78]

link
(10-10-2015, 02:39 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: In AZ, they hand out those temporary gimpy placards, like candy on Halloween.

I think they are the free gift with an AARP membership.
They get them in the same package their over sized sunglasses that fit over the Rx spectacles arrive in.
(10-14-2015, 01:11 PM)Maggot Wrote: A great story from Yahooooooo about a disabled vets parking validation.

[Image: 048f911a495a27833f12e6053a93bb78]

link

That is a great story, I'm glad someone finally put you in your place.

(10-09-2015, 09:28 AM)Maggot Wrote: Ostracizing them as they get out of the car and walk into a store might do something but many people don't have the balls to do that to a perfect stranger. People just suck.
I say things sometimes as I walk into a store behind someone that does that and I get dirty looks. Saving the world is a tough job.
Tell me about it! I will think twice before doing shit like that again.
Reminds me of the time I was at the gym, and I'm on a exercise bike next to a guy ( I didn't know him) on a bike where he was going twice the speed I was. Then this same guy is next to me on the weight machines, and he was lifting 70 lbs more that I was.

Well eventually I started to leave the gym, and as it just so happened this same guy decides he's leaving as well.

We walk down the hall, go outside down a flight of steps, and low and behold this guy gets into a car directly in front of the building that was parked in a "disabled parking spot"! Go figure!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(10-14-2015, 05:02 PM)Carsman Wrote: Reminds me of the time I was at the gym, and I'm on a exercise bike next to a guy ( I didn't know him) on a bike where he was going twice the speed I was. Then this same guy is next to me on the weight machines, and he was lifting 70 lbs more that I was.

Well eventually I started to leave the gym, and as it just so happened this same guy decides he's leaving as well.

We walk down the hall, go outside down a flight of steps, and low and behold this guy gets into a car directly in front of the building that was parked in a "disabled parking spot"! Go figure!
I would have punched him in his fat ugly face.
(10-14-2015, 05:13 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-14-2015, 05:02 PM)Carsman Wrote: Reminds me of the time I was at the gym, and I'm on a exercise bike next to a guy ( I didn't know him) on a bike where he was going twice the speed I was. Then this same guy is next to me on the weight machines, and he was lifting 70 lbs more that I was.

I would have punched him in his fat ugly face.

He had a "Disabled Placard" hanging on the car's rear view mirror. Really seemed like he didn't need it!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!