Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Donald's diggs could get out of hand . . . . . . .
(11-27-2016, 11:59 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 11:15 AM)Carsman Wrote: All that high security stuff kinda goes out the window if Flt 93 would have reached it's target, don't you think?
(Yeah, yeah same with skyscrapers.)

I think you're missing the point here, Cars.

As I said, I'm not claiming any place is impenetrable. And, any time you have leaders and high-profile people (especially controversial ones) in a location, that location likely becomes more of a target by nature of the people occupying it. That's why the White House is an effin' fortress.

If Melania and Barron Trump were to move into the White House, the facility security would suffice. It's set up to provide the best available protection to whomever occupies it. I'm not sure why you're arguing that Trump Tower in New York City is as secure as the White House based on the events of 911. Think about it -- that defies logic, don't you think?

The White House is a lot more secure by design and process than a business/residential tower in the heart of one of the busiest locations in the world. That includes secure from attack by plane (which you bet your ass is something constantly on the radar by government officials now, with an alarm and evacuation plan in place for planes approaching the White House outside normal air traffic parameters). It's not impossible that either location could be attacked, as I've already noted. But, there are a lot more built-in barriers between potential attackers at the White House than most anywhere else (and fewer innocent people would likely be injured at the White House than the heart of NYC if a plane or explosive was used by attackers).

No point missed, I remember, you don't charge by the word! Secret
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Donald's diggs could get out of hand . . . . . . . - by Carsman - 11-27-2016, 12:30 PM