Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mark my words and you can take this to the bank.
(08-24-2018, 11:51 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 11:36 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: He is NOT illegally in the White House. He is not a Fake President or illegitimate.

Just to be clear, because I wouldn't want anyone to think differently, but I've never stated he is a fake prez or an illegitimate one.

Oh Hell no. I do not think you think this. I just think you hate the guy. I do not think this is faked or from a position of virtue boosting or anything like. I DO respect that kind of honest position.

Just so I am not confusing the reading of my intent, I believe that politics (especially in the US) is so very polarised and that organisations such as Fox and Breitbart are essentially cheerleaders and propagandaists for the right BUT SOME of what they say and some points they make are well made, some points are right but exaggerated, some points are completely minimised, downplayed or excluded because they do not sell the right narrative and some are simply spun and convoluted in ways that do not come close to objective truths AND some organisations such as CNN, MSNBC, NYT and Washington Post are essentially cheerleaders and propagandaists for the left BUT SOME of what they say and some points they make are well made, some points are right but exaggerated, some points are completely minimised, downplayed or excluded because they do not sell the right narrative and some are simply spun and convoluted in ways that do not come close to objective truths

So often when I see anti-Trump animus I see a narrative been put out. Important and salient facts are being left out and things that counter the narrative.

An example is that which I presented about Obama who was as soft as soft with Russia and hardly lifted an eyebrow when they sent in the Russian army into Ukraine to annex Crimean Peninsula. Obama sent blankets and socks. TRUMP sent Javelin missiles to Ukraine. Obama WHEN he was President told Putin to "Cut it out" in reference to the hacking and Trump sent packing 60 Russian diplomats (the most EVER sent home from US) and implement sanctions. Obama stated AFTER the election he would have more flexibility to deal with Russia.

IF it is that there is a popular Left wing narrative that Trump is Putin's puppet and there obviously is. Then do the above FACTS support it. No! However the above facts are never touted by the side that is anti-Trump because it deflates the narrative.

The name of the game seems to be selective outrage, exaggeration, omission, mindless conflation and virtue signaling. But it is worse, because of the dishonesty in the press and the talking heads, many people are taking as truths being spoken from on high are not. They suffer from every issue I just mentioned and so ideological bubbles are reinforced and fed.

They need to be burst. I am simply trying to provide some counter balance where I can. When I hear stuff that doesn't sound right for reasons I have, I share.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mark my words and you can take this to the bank. - by Fry Guy - 08-24-2018, 10:39 PM