Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disreputable Computer Stores Scamming W.E.I.
Disreputable computer stores are manually editing the Windows Experience Index score on Vista/Win7 computers to make them look better than they actually are!

Fuckers anyways. I would never have even thought to do this on my machines. Why? Well, I'm not disreputable for one lol. But they are doing so. So, for all of you looking to buy new machines in the near future make sure you follow this tutorial, so you can verify the Windows Experience Index score shown!

Quote:Computer stores may trick their customers by editing the WEI scores. So, Please be careful! Always, check them by Re-running WinSAT.

How? type "Performance Inf" in the start menu Search and press "Enter" to open the Performance Information and Tools window.

[Image: rerun3.png?imgmax=800]

Click "Re-run the assessment". For laptops, be sure that it is connected in AC source.
I don't understand.
Ok, look at this screenshot:

[Image: windows7_wei.png]

The big number in the blue box is your WEI (Windows Experience Index) score. Here a 6.0
Anyone can hack the xml file(s) that holds this information and change the numbers.

And I quote:
Quote:The Hack Stuff

From my previous article about changing wei score in Vista, WinSAT saves the scores in XML file located at Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore folder. Each time you perform benchmarking using WinSAT, it creates a new XML file(s). All you have to do is to open the latest XML file and edit it using WORDPAD.

*formal.Assessment* xml file

Changes in Windows 7 compared to Vista

[Image: changes8.png?imgmax=800]

Now, it creates a separate xml file for each component.
Fun stuff: Modify your WEI score and show it to your friends just for fun.

[Image: tochange4.png?imgmax=800]

Type “wordpad” in Start Menu Search > Right-Click > Run as Administrator. Once wordpad opens you’ll noticed that the UI was changed. Just press CTRL+O to browse and open the file (see the screenshot above).

Once, loaded… Press CTRL+F to find and type SystemScore

Simply change the score. It’s up to 7.9 only… 9.9 vista hack will not work anymore Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
The depths people will go to to rip folks off never ceases to amaze me.
Not me anymore. Seems everyone is a scam artist these days. Anyways, it was on a news ticker I saw somewhere so I went and looked it up. Its crazy. Who would believe a $400 machine could score the max in all categories anyways? Only an ignorant fool. Heck my Laptop only scored a 4.2 out of 5.9 max (Vista) before I reformatted to XP. Of course, 2 of my scores were 5.9 (RAM and Video), but since your overall score is just your LOWEST score, it doesn't matter much Smiley_emoticons_smile
Yikes! Well, at least I can be pretty sure no one's tampered with it. 22

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lumpy, those are actually damned good scores since in Vista the max score is 5.9 and you have a 5.9 and a 5.4. So what if your gaming graphics are a bit low, do you game high end games like World of Warcraft, Sims3, or anything of that nature? Smiley_emoticons_smile