Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Years Eve
do you have plans? do you brave the crowds in public or parties? or entertain at home?
that is one night i miss working, it was always good for laughs as long as nobody was squished on the roads.

(12-27-2009, 10:43 AM)jackboots Wrote: do you have plans? do you brave the crowds in public or parties? or entertain at home?
that is one night i miss working, it was always good for laughs as long as nobody was squished on the roads.

some body always gets squished on the road.

I will be staying home, I have a great big box of fireworks and a nice bottle of vodka, I plan on a fire in the fire pit in the yard a good meal and a fun drunk right here on my own piece of ground.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I used t par-tay hard when I was younger, but now after some party nibbles and some wine and cocktails me and the wife will be snuggled up in bed by half twelve.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I'm not even sure what I am doing on NYE. I have to ask my wife to be honest!
86 112
(12-27-2009, 11:52 AM)Middle Finger Wrote: I'm not even sure what I am doing on NYE. I have to ask my wife to be honest!

This explains a lot 11
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

We decided at the last minute that we are leaving for North Carolina Tuesday and staying for New Years. I'm still looking for cabins online, but all the good ones are booked up. Has anyone been there and know of any nice places to stay?
(12-27-2009, 10:48 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I will be staying home, I have a great big box of fireworks and a nice bottle of vodka, I plan on a fire in the fire pit in the yard a good meal and a fun drunk right here on my own piece of ground.

You'll shoot yer eye out.
Entertaining @ home!
I will not be participating at this forum.
This is a toxic place. Goodbye.
(12-27-2009, 12:00 PM)sally Wrote: We decided at the last minute that we are leaving for North Carolina Tuesday and staying for New Years. I'm still looking for cabins online, but all the good ones are booked up. Has anyone been there and know of any nice places to stay?

I do, but I'll be damned if I'm telling you.
The last 5 or so years we've gone to a friend's house
(12-27-2009, 12:00 PM)sally Wrote: We decided at the last minute that we are leaving for North Carolina Tuesday and staying for New Years. I'm still looking for cabins online, but all the good ones are booked up. Has anyone been there and know of any nice places to stay?
Sally, since it's off-season is there anything open/available on the outer banks?

The Outer Banks of North Carolina® Official Site - Visitors Bureau
The Outer Banks Official Website. Detailed information on North Carolina Beaches, visitor services, accommodations, activities, ...

(12-27-2009, 08:53 PM)DPD Chick Wrote: The last 5 or so years we've gone to a friend's house

We used to do that too. 2 years ago, they got a divorce Smiley_emoticons_slash
(12-27-2009, 08:57 PM)jackboots Wrote:
Sally, since it's off-season is there anything open/available on the outer banks?

The Outer Banks Official Website. Detailed information on North Carolina Beaches, visitor services, accommodations, activities, ...
Yeah...good luck with getting a decent cabin that way!
Gonna stay home and be in bed by 10..I am sure.

What I thought was going to be dinner & festivities with our closest friends appears to be morphing into my birthday celebration as well...I'm not supposed to know but, they neglected to remove my name from emails forwarded...78
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-28-2009, 12:18 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Gonna stay home and be in bed by 10..I am sure.

Same here probably and we are babysitting 2 of the grandchildren.
I'm supposed to go to dinner with my sister about 7pm or something....hell, that's my usual bed time. I suppose about midnight I'll be rolling around holding my gut wishing I could sleep or puke or find some TUMS or something.
(12-27-2009, 09:04 PM)Julie Wrote:

Well I was looking for a place with lots of fluffy snow, pet friendly, two story beautiful cabin in the woods near a water fall, but not totally secluded and still close to the ski resort, downtown, and fine dining. I guess I'm asking for too fucking much at the last minute.

There is not a decent cabin left in all of NC. Apparently the economy isn't doing that bad 52
(12-28-2009, 07:20 PM)sally Wrote:
(12-27-2009, 09:04 PM)Julie Wrote:

Well I was looking for a place with lots of fluffy snow, pet friendly, two story beautiful cabin in the woods near a water fall, but not totally secluded and still close to the ski resort, downtown, and fine dining. I guess I'm asking for too fucking much at the last minute.

There is not a decent cabin left in all of NC. Apparently the economy isn't doing that bad 52
I'll rent you my shack for the week, lots of snow, bring your pet, two story house, I got woods out back, Niagra falls is like 45 minutes away, ski resorts are within 45 minutes, and I'll cook you up some beans on toast. How much do you have to spend?
Yeah! Beans on toast, where else could you get that as part of the deal?