Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyron Horman, age 7, missing in Oregon
1/30/11
new search today. based on warmer weather and specific information.

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search & Rescue Unit fought the fog Sunday to search two portions of Portland's West Hills – at the request of the Kyron Horman Task Force.

"I have been waiting for this search to happen for some time now," said Desiree Young, Kyron’s biological mother. "The Kyron Horman Task Force has shared the intelligence information with me, but unfortunately I can’t share that information with the media. I'm excited that today’s search will hopefully bring some closure to this case.”

Dozens of search-and-rescue workers, along with seven cadaver-detecting dogs, are combing the forest along a 6-mile stretch of Northwest Skyline Boulevard. They also will be searching off of a gravel road in Skyline's Dixie Mountain area. That area reportedly could not be searched in previous weeks due to snow cover.

A spokesperson confirms that Sunday's efforts are being done in the hopes of bringing "closure" to the nearly 8-month-long search for missing 8-year-old Kyron Horman. Kyron was 7 when he is believed to have disappeared from a science fair in rural Northwest Portland's Skyline School.

Searchers focused on two locations in the west hills: north and west of Portland. We're told these two search locations are based on investigative leads developed by the Kyron Horman Task Force. The search was expected to continue throughout the day Sunday.

The private timber land crosses into unincorporated areas of Multnomah, Washington and Columbia counties. The Oregonian reports that it reaches elevations of between 1,000 and 1,500 feet.

WEB UPDATE 4:45 p.m. 1/30/11: A credible source, who is close to the investigation, tells us that – despite previous reports to the contrary – no vehicle nor personnel connected to the State Medical Examiner’s office or any county coroner’s office was involved as part of Sunday's searches.

That source also tells us these searches were conducted based on “some reasonably location-specific information.” However, nothing of significance was found.

UPDATE 5:52 p.m. 1/30/11: We have just received word that as of now the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is suspending its renewed search in the Skyline area.

"The searches have concluded for the day," reads a prepared statement from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. "There were 11 areas designated to be searched by canine teams; seven of these area[s] were searched. There were also three other area[s] designated to be searched by ground crews; one of these areas was completed."

The sheriff's office reports it has yet to determine the date for the completion of this renewed search.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyron Horman, age 7, missing in Oregon - by God - 07-31-2010, 09:18 AM
RE: Kyron Horman, age 7, missing in Oregon - by Lady Cop - 01-30-2011, 10:11 PM