Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~
(09-09-2011, 07:56 PM)sally Wrote:
(09-09-2011, 05:30 PM)Cracker Wrote: Who makes hot wings at home? I haven't had them in forever.

I do. My uncle Danny was a bartender at the restaurant where they originated, he was the one who suggested dipping them in blue cheese. So he said anyway, he was a big bullshitter.

Anyway, he came here to Florida when I was 5 years old with the recipe and talked my parents into investing in a restaurant .They ended up doing really well, no one in Florida had ever heard of a buffalo wing and they were a big hit. It was right on Mason Av., I'm sure LC knows where that is. Then two guys knocked on our door looking for Dannyboy and we haven't seen him since. My Parents couldn't handle working their regular jobs and running a restaurant at the same time so it eventually shut down.

Here's the recipe

10-15 wings
12 cup Louisiana hot sauce
1 stick melted butter
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Vegetable oil

Deep fry the wings in vegetable oil in large pot untill golden brown and very crisp ( about 20 mins.). Mix hotsauce, butter, oregano and garlic powder in a stainless steel deep bowl. Remove wings a few at a time with a slotted spoon ( Don't worry about shaking the oil completely off, a little bit left on them is good) and toss in hotsauce mixture. Serve with blue cheese and celery or carrots.

You can adjust the butter to hot sauce ratio to your heat preference, but the oregano and garlic powder is what makes them so don't leave that out.

Thanks for this recipe Sally. I have a pot luck tomorrow and had no idea what to take. I'm gonna make about 40 of Uncle Danny's wings (and cornbread) just before I leave the house. Should be fine to toss them in my mega crock-pot for transport and just put them on low when I get there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~ - by HairOfTheDog - 09-10-2011, 04:15 PM