Duchess or anyone else who has a good eye...
and might give a fuck.

Do you see anything wrong with the color palette in this bathroom? Anything look just plain fugly?

[Image: CIMG1577.jpg]
Commando Cunt Queen

I LOVE earth tones! Is that your powder room? I don't see anything fugly, it's a great space.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-03-2011, 06:14 PM)username Wrote: and might give a fuck.

Do you see anything wrong with the color palette in this bathroom? Anything look just plain fugly?

[Image: CIMG1577.jpg]

Here's how Jeff Lewis does it. Loves him. Maybe you need some silver...

[Image: 9316c8ee318f.jpg]

Grey looks fucking awesome with travertine. I have two rooms of it downstairs, so I had some grey slate put in the bathroom. It looks fabulous. Jeff Lewis again:

[Image: valley+oak3.bmp]
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Damn Cracker, those are pretty! I like the first one especially...and the silver does look good.

Duchess, that is my bathroom. I recently replaced the vanity/countertop/mirror, fixtures etc. and my bitch MIL (who I usually like) told my husband that the cabinetry doesn't match the rest of the colors in the room. Of course since his mommy told him that, my husband is agreeing. Fucker. I've been debating whether to mess with it with stain or something but I think it looks fine.
Commando Cunt Queen
When I first looked at it I didn't see anything wrong, I think it looks beautiful. But now that you mention it lol, I do think the stain is a little off. I don't know if I would bother messing with it though, it still looks really nice. Like I said, I didn't even notice untill you mentioned it.
I agree with hubby, the vanity is wrong or the mirror frames are wrong. the vanity won't be easy to refinish, the Mirror frames can be changed for alot less.

before you get pissed take a look at the pics of the other bathrooms, check the vanity and mirror frames.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

IDK. You have the dark hardware, and the contrast is nice. If you are going to change anything, paint the wall darker and tell your MIL she's a creepy bitch and stay the fuck out of your bathroom. And tell your husband the placenta is gone, he can move on with his life.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

If you're taking the dark framed mirrors away then the faucet has to go too as well as the dark drawer pulls on the vanity...just sayin'.

Pull the vanity out & add a pedestal or vessel sink. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-03-2011, 07:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: IDK. You have the dark hardware, and the contrast is nice. If you are going to change anything, paint the wall darker and tell your MIL she's a creepy bitch and stay the fuck out of your bathroom. And tell your husband the placenta is gone, he can move on with his life.

hah

What you can't really see in the picture is that the edging on the maple cabinetry is actually stained quite a bit darker than the lighter maple around it. Hard to explain.

Dick, I was happy to see Cracker's first pic because it has the darker mirror on top with the lighter pedastal sink underneath. I kinda thought that was what I had. As far as stain goes, I imagine you're right...I can't just stain finished cabinetry, I'd have to sand it and stuff, right?

Fuck. Like I said, I don't have a great eye for this shit.

Commando Cunt Queen
I think I would leave the mirror frame like it is and stain the cabinent more like one of the colors in the shower.

Actually I probally wouldn't do anything and just tell my husband to fuck off.
With regards to the paint, it's darker than it looks--there's a big window right there and I had it wide open when I took the pic. That said, an even darker color...hmmmm, that seems like it would look good--help give it depth.

Commando Cunt Queen
I'm telling you, paint the wall brown. Then the cabinetry will add the touch of lightness. It's easier to paint a wall.

Here, I used Colorjive to show you (even got a free account because I adore you):

[Image: m92e1d.jpg]
(02-03-2011, 08:06 PM)username Wrote:
(02-03-2011, 07:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: IDK. You have the dark hardware, and the contrast is nice. If you are going to change anything, paint the wall darker and tell your MIL she's a creepy bitch and stay the fuck out of your bathroom. And tell your husband the placenta is gone, he can move on with his life.

hah

What you can't really see in the picture is that the edging on the maple cabinetry is actually stained quite a bit darker than the lighter maple around it. Hard to explain.

Dick, I was happy to see Cracker's first pic because it has the darker mirror on top with the lighter pedastal sink underneath. I kinda thought that was what I had. As far as stain goes, I imagine you're right...I can't just stain finished cabinetry, I'd have to sand it and stuff, right?

Fuck. Like I said, I don't have a great eye for this shit.

The first picture is a pedestal sink, the wood all matches.

The facet and drawer pulls do not need to change to change the mirror frames.

The white base boards might be throwing the whole thing into a mess, as well as the pattern in the floor tile, keep in mind one basic idea when decorating ,the big areas draw the most attention, the more bland they are the more you can emphasize the smaller details, if you have the emphasis of the room attached to the big areas the more subdued the details need to be. or the room closes in and looks cluttered and mix and matched.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Not to bore you all to death (anymore than usual) but here's one you can help me with BEFORE I fuck it up.

The fireplace in my $650k California shack family room:

[Image: CIMG1581.jpg]

What I want to do:

Get rid of the bulky t.v., drop the mantel down by at least about 6 inches (maybe more?) and mount a 50" or so flatscreen above the fireplace. I want to either cover up or get rid of the brick and install a decorative, gas fireplace.

Options. My neighbor just covered up her brick with a polished travertine and changed her mantel out for a decorative wood mantel. It looks pretty good (certainly much better than the brick). She has some pottery where I currently have a god damn guinea pig cage (btw, anybody want a couple of gay guinea pigs? Smiley_emoticons_slash).

Orrrrrrrrr, I could lop off the right side of the fireplace where it extends to the wall--but I'm concerned it would look weird just having this hearth that sticks out so I think I'd need a low bookcase or something on that right side...?

Orrrrrrrrr, if I want to spend more money, I could tear out all the brick, drop the fireplace down and create a new surround for the fireplace.

The last two options mean we replace our hardwood floor in that room which doesn't kill me too much--it's beat up in several areas.

Thoughts? I guess what I can't decide is if it would look "good enough" refacing with the travertine (in one configuration or another) or if I just need to gut the whole thing and start over. I hate spending large amounts of money on this house because it's not my dream house; I'd just assume move, lol.
Commando Cunt Queen
Paint it darker (I'm currently obsessed with grey) and hang a huge fucking flat screen over it.

Gawd I'm a cheap bitch. "Paint it! It will be fabulous!" Fucking redneck. Just ignore me. I'm a RedZeneck.
(02-03-2011, 06:50 PM)username Wrote: Damn Cracker, those are pretty! I like the first one especially...and the silver does look good.

Duchess, that is my bathroom. I recently replaced the vanity/countertop/mirror, fixtures etc. and my bitch MIL (who I usually like) told my husband that the cabinetry doesn't match the rest of the colors in the room. Of course since his mommy told him that, my husband is agreeing. Fucker. I've been debating whether to mess with it with stain or something but I think it looks fine.

Just tell the MIL to crap in her own BR at her home, and stay the hell outta yours. You liked your BR before her bitchin, so. . . .

And as for your Husband, he better damn well know where his bread is buttered!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(02-03-2011, 08:22 PM)Cracker Wrote: I'm telling you, paint the wall brown. Then the cabinetry will add the touch of lightness. It's easier to paint a wall.

Damn Cracker! Notworthy I see it!
Commando Cunt Queen
(02-03-2011, 08:31 PM)Cracker Wrote: Paint it darker (I'm currently obsessed with grey) and hang a huge fucking flat screen over it.

Gawd I'm a cheap bitch. "Paint it! It will be fabulous!" Fucking redneck. Just ignore me. I'm a RedZeneck.

I was brought up in an "everything is cameo white" house. It's just recently that I've started playing with darker colors and I love them. The lighting on that shot is shit but the wall color is kind of a paperbag tan. At the time we painted I thought it was dark but yeah, I could see going darker still. I don't do grey so much--I'm all about earth tones.

Commando Cunt Queen
[Image: 2m2z9l4.jpg]

Hahaha. That's your new tv. It's LED so you lurve it.
If you never use it lose it, If you do use it don't put your TV over it, forget the travertine, double the size of the fire box lower it down and get rid of the raised hearth, use a nice marble or even a stamped concrete at floor level, Brass and glass screen, have a solid oak cover made that takes up the rest of it including the wall where the TV sits now, fashion that space to my left looking at the picture for your entertainment center, large ornate oak mantle at least three corbels, forget about the stain and use an alcohol dye on the wood just to pop the grain and leave the natural color of the closed grain then a sprayed or hand rubbed Matte urethane finish.

John Adams