Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Der Spiegel publishes U.S. soldier "kill team" warning-graphic
bloody hell

rest of story here:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/worl...10,00.html

The United States and NATO are concerned that reactions could be intense to the publication of images documenting killings committed by US soldiers in Afghanistan. The images appeared in the most recent edition of SPIEGEL, which hit the newsstands on Monday.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has already telephoned with her Afghan counterpart to discuss the situation. National Security Advisor Tom Donilon has likewise made contact with officials in Kabul. The case threatens to strain already fragile US-Afghan relations at a time when the two countries are negotiating over the establishment of permanent US military bases in Afghanistan.
In a statement released by Colonel Thomas Collins, the US Army, which is currently preparing a court martial to try a total of 12 suspects in connection with the killings, apologized for the suffering the photos have caused. The actions depicted in the photos, the statement read, are "repugnant to us as human beings and contrary to the standards and values of the United States."

The suspected perpetrators are part of a group of US soldiers accused of several killings. Their court martials are expected to start soon. The photos, the army statement said, stand "in stark contrast to the discipline, professionalism and respect that have characterized our soldiers' performance during nearly 10 years of sustained operations."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It is always astonishing how easy it is to use the character that has been chosen and more so embedded in the ones you send out exactly to do what they are doing. Humanity has been on the planet since thousands of years and it is only the last few that suddenly anything bad in war becomes attrocious.

Do this very same thing about a hundred years ago and it is not only laughed about but even more so expected. Nowadays let your character that got you there in the first place take over, and you end up getting shit till the doves cry.

"Right, go to war, take down those bad people, but remember .... behave!"
All the photos of assholes grinning over corpses and naked prisoners makes me want to puke.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
It comes with the job mate. It's simply human nature and somehow a way to get rid of all the build up steam and tention if you're in a situation like that. Don't forget, it's not like some honourable one on one fight but a constant critical moment going on for days, if not weeks and months. Of course, if you got a guy who constantly behaves like that, he's most probably dangerous and got a mental issue, so you are left with promoting him either to Senator or put him in a nut cage.

For crying out loud, they are warriors and just a few years back they where expected to cut of the enemies head before eating his brain and use his skull as a pissoir. Now? Good Lord, touch a dead fellow that wanted to shoot you in the first place in a hummourous way and my, my, are you gonna be in trouble!

I saw some photos a family member had taken during the Persian Gulf war. The dead Iraqis {some of them} were dressed in tattered business suits like they had been picked up off the streets, had a gun shoved into their hands and were sent out into the desert to die. It was awful & I've never forgotten the sight of them. *sigh*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-21-2011, 02:05 PM)Mohammed Wrote: It comes with the job mate. It's simply human nature and somehow a way to get rid of all the build up steam and tention if you're in a situation like that. Don't forget, it's not like some honourable one on one fight but a constant critical moment going on for days, if not weeks and months. Of course, if you got a guy who constantly behaves like that, he's most probably dangerous and got a mental issue, so you are left with promoting him either to Senator or put him in a nut cage.

For crying out loud, they are warriors and just a few years back they where expected to cut of the enemies head before eating his brain and use his skull as a pissoir. Now? Good Lord, touch a dead fellow that wanted to shoot you in the first place in a hummourous way and my, my, are you gonna be in trouble!

I have several family members who have been in the military and they didn't pose for photos smiling down on corpses, in fact I dare say they find the notion abhorrent.
They always said even the remains of the enemy were treated with due respect.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(03-21-2011, 02:21 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(03-21-2011, 02:05 PM)Mohammed Wrote: It comes with the job mate. It's simply human nature and somehow a way to get rid of all the build up steam and tention if you're in a situation like that. Don't forget, it's not like some honourable one on one fight but a constant critical moment going on for days, if not weeks and months. Of course, if you got a guy who constantly behaves like that, he's most probably dangerous and got a mental issue, so you are left with promoting him either to Senator or put him in a nut cage.

I have several family members who have been in the military and they didn't pose for photos smiling down on corpses, in fact I dare say they find the notion abhorrent.
They always said even the remains of the enemy were treated with due respect.

One day you will realise that you and your family are not the yard stick, but rather they are an abomination.

Scalps, ears, heads,fingers and then of course on the less physical level, lugers,medals,flags,name tags.

It's all in a days work for the warriors throughout history.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Of course, you got the honourable guys, and the wild ones. Trust me, it takes all sorts to fight a war.

The law of averages says there are assholes in every group of people.
(03-21-2011, 02:29 PM)IMaDick Wrote: One day you will realise that you and your family are not the yard stick, but rather they are an abomination.

Scalps, ears, heads,fingers and then of course on the less physical level, lugers,medals,flags,name tags.

Calling my family an abomination?, fuck you arsehole.

The soldiers who cut off body parts and souvenirs were the exception not the rule, the fact you think mutiliating the bodies of your enemies is "all in a days work" shows what a sick fucking freak you are.

Any normal human being would call any soldier who collects body parts a sick fucking psycho.

Sick fucking psycho! 16
Apparently my family are an abomination because they DIDN'T mutilate the bodies of their enemies.

dick does talk a load of old fucking shit at times.
(03-21-2011, 02:44 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(03-21-2011, 02:29 PM)IMaDick Wrote: One day you will realise that you and your family are not the yard stick, but rather they are an abomination.

Calling my family an abomination?, fuck you arsehole.

The soldiers who cut off body parts and souvenirs were the exception not the rule, the fact you think mutiliating the bodies of your enemies is "all in a days work" shows what a sick fucking freak you are.

Any normal human being would call any soldier who collects body parts a sick fucking psycho.

You worship a monarchy that made it's way through history by the mutilation of it's enemies you freak.

One day you will rise above your own hypocrisy and claim the ignorance you so richly deserve.

What I stated is historical fact, and just to make it poignant I listed examples for several different nationalities and cultures.

I purposely left out the Vietnamese who were fond of collecting the genitals of dead American soldiers.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Eww
(03-21-2011, 03:05 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You worship a monarchy that made it's way through history by the mutilation of it's enemies you freak.

One day you will rise above your own hypocrisy and claim the ignorance you so richly deserve.

What I stated is historical fact, and just to make it poignant I listed examples for several different nationalities and cultures.

I purposely left out the Vietnamese who were fond of collecting the genitals of dead American soldiers.

I am not accountable for the actions of my countrymen throughout history anymore than you are fuckwit, I'll ignore your bullshit comments about worshipping the monarchy, that was another classic dick brainfart.

We are talking about the behaviour of US troops here and now dipshit, the fact that Sergeant Wilkins cut off a "fuzzy wuzzies" dick back in 1856 bears no relation to what we are talking about now.

Nice try at deflecting again dick but lets try and stay on topic, the behaviour of douchebag US troops in the 21st century.
(03-21-2011, 03:26 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(03-21-2011, 03:05 PM)IMaDick Wrote: You worship a monarchy that made it's way through history by the mutilation of it's enemies you freak.

I am not accountable for the actions of my countrymen throughout history anymore than you are fuckwit, I'll ignore your bullshit comments about worshipping the monarchy, that was another classic dick brainfart.

We are talking about the behaviour of US troops here and now dipshit, the fact that Sergeant Wilkins cut off a "fuzzy wuzzies" dick back in 1856 bears no relation to what we are talking about now.

Nice try at deflecting again dick but lets try and stay on topic, the behaviour of douchebag US troops in the 21st century.

OP, this was all about soldiers and pictures, as usual you went slamming against the wall with your exaggerated sense of bullshit morality.

When you want to point to atrocities, no one can match the british and their actions all over the globe all throughout history.

face it you're a worm.

John Adams

Who killed Braveheart?
Did anyone happen to catch the brand of camera used to preserve this moment?

F Stop, film and shutter speed would be appreciated, too.

Screw it if it's digital.

No artistry.
Not half as bad as the video of a head getting sawed off a living person. Those are dead bodies. They do not care anymore. War is hell. But do not forget the dickheads we are up against, and do not give me that bullshit of we are just as bad as them, they started it. Shit like that is the only thing the Jihadist have respect for. Dip your bullets in pigs blood boys, and let them know it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
War is hell.

I don't like my baby to see shit like that. It hurts you in places you didn't know you had. It's always a mindfuck for a good six months when he gets home. He sees too much.

There ARE bad soldiers. There are. Most are good and decent human beings, but there are a few fucked-in-the-head criminal types like Pancho Villa who is smiling over the body. The other soldiers hate them, too, if that is any consolation. They know who is right in the head and who isn't.

I've never asked my boy about killing. That is his business. If he wants to tell me someday, he will, but I don't think he wants me to know. Because he is the designated marksman in an infantry unit, I know he has to squeeze the trigger. That is his job. As long as he squeezes it for the right reasons, and in the proper situations, I can live what he does. He can, too. As I said, war is hell.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.