Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
Flores says that 'proof' was found by investigators in of all places, Travis' washing machine. "One of the items that we recovered from the house was a digital camera. It still had a digital card in it that had been erased." But there's erased and then there's erased. Even though the memory card was wiped clean and the camera had been run through the wash, both were sent to the Mesa Police Department crime lab to see if any information could be recovered. What they found were dozens of pictures - each one worth more than a thousand words: Flores says the photos showed Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander "in a sexual encounter." "There were several photos which were out of focus, dark. We couldn't tell what they were until we were able to enhance them at that time," Flores explains. "We were surprised to find out that those photos were of the victim, Travis Alexander, during the time he was being killed, or soon after. You can't see his face, but the injuries on that person match the injuries that were on Travis." Another shocking discovery: every image was electronically stamped with the time and date it was taken: June 4, 2008, the date of Jodi's visit.

It was just a few minutes difference between the photos of the sexual poses taken in the shower and of Travis lying on the floor as the victim, making Jodi the last person to be with Travis, according to Flores.

So how did Travis end up back in the bathroom where police found him?

"We believe that he was dragged from that area, back into the shower," says Flores. "His body was washed off… in the shower. And we believe, at that time, that's when the palm print was left on the wall. It's obvious that the print was left with somebody having blood on their hands. And it's not just his blood, it's a combination of her blood as well." "In many situations where a knife is used, somebody has blood on their hands… And, it's not uncommon for somebody to cut themselves as well,' says Flores.

Five weeks after finding Travis' body, Det. Flores showed up on her doorstep in Yreka. He says Jodi was not surprised."One of the things she said to me as soon as she saw me was, 'Is there any way I can get my purse so I can get my makeup on?'" he recalls.

It was only after her arrest that Jodi finally shared her story of the intruders with Mesa Homicide Detective Esteban Flores. But, he says, "None of the evidence indicates anything like that was possible."

To prove it, Flores showed Jodi one of the photos recovered from Travis' camera. But she says that same photo clearly shows she's innocent."I can't really remember the whole image, but I do remember blood. And I do remember skin. And I do remember someone else's leg," she tells the reporter. "I'm assuming it's the woman, because the pants were black. And the guy was wearing blue jeans."

But Flores doesn't see it quite the same way. He says there is a foot in the photo,but there's no way of indicating whose it is. During his investigation of her trip to Utah, witnesses reported to Flores that Jodi had arrived with cuts on her fingers. "She shows up in Utah and she had gauze on two or three fingers," says Chris Hughes.
Flores says that the cuts are just more evidence that Jodi's entire story is a lie. He says there's "absolutely no evidence, whatsoever" to support her theory that two people attacked her and Travis.

"She was just obsessed with him. You know? And she-- she didn't want my brother to move on with his life," says Samantha Alexander. "He had an incident a few months before he died, where his tires got slashed. The very next day after getting his fixed, his tires got slashed again at a different location, which means somebody was following him around," says Samantha.

Chris says that towards the end of his Travis' life, Travis was scared of Jodi."Jodi says she's not guilty. "I think there's only way out of that, and that is to go to trial." And, if her case goes to trial, she says she will take the stand.

But Jodi won't be the only one on trial. With every sordid detail of their personal lives made public, Travis' reputation will also be judged."I didn't harm Travis. And yes, I will be held accountable for the other activities that we engaged in and for the other things that I've done," she says. "

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by LytoMe - 12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM