Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
^^^ The truth of what happened when she actually physically killed Travis (which of course she can't remember), won't matter if she and Nurmi convince the jury that it was reasonable that she would would be in fear for her life at Travis's hands at that time.

To disprove that Jodi acted in self defense, Martinez needs to show how Jodi lied about herself, about Travis, and about their relationship. He needs to demonstrate her pattern of snooping, confronting, sexual promiscuity, lying, etc...and then highlight the forensic evidence to show how passionately and viciously she slaughtered Travis Alexander. First, prove she's lying about Travis and all of the claims that SHE (proven NOT TO BE the naive, pleasing, used and abused woman that she portrayed) made in direct testimony in order to make it appear reasonable that she would be so fearful of HIM (proven NOT TO BE the sexually deviant emotional and physical abuser that she portrayed). Then, remind the jury about how Jodi Arias butchered a man who she did not fear and who was a decent guy (likely because she was snooping AGAIN when they weren't an item and couldn't handle the rejection). It has to be in that order, imo.

I think Martinez's strategy is the right one and he is, in fact, proving that Jodi wasn't an abused woman in fear for her life. I also think he's showing that Travis was an innocent victim and not some deviant monster. I just think that Martinez needs to stop giving her opportunities to babble more and more and stop battling with her on less significant matters and word choices. He needs to hit the big points now, speed it up, and move on to the day of the killing.

P.s. I have a notebook and write different kinds of things in it sporadically, but have never kept a diary/journal of my life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM