Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(03-02-2013, 08:40 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote: No traces of burn, soot, or such.

Aha! Thanks for pointing that out.

I just looked it up. It put some things in perspective for me.

I missed the first days of the trial and only caught partial recaps. I therefore don't know if this was brought up by the ME early on. But, from what I just researched, there's no way Jodi could have shot Travis from as close a distance as she claims (either with him grabbing her waist or lunging for her waist - she testified to both these different scenarios), without it leaving a burn mark on his face. This burn/mark cannot be washed away and would still be visible after a few days of decomp. In both of Jodi's contradictory versions regarding Travis's location to her when she shot him, he landed on top of her right after the shot. That's just not possible without leaving a mark if I understand correctly. No such mark was present on the face of Travis Alexander.

I wonder if Martinez will bring this up in his closing or just let it go. I like how he used her own lies against her as if they were truths on the last day of cross. Even if Martinez knows that Jodi shot Travis last, the fact that she claims it was first could work in the prosecution's favor. If Travis was already shot and down on the ground with no movement (as she testified in cross), then none of the knife wounds nor the fatal throat slashing can be considered self defense. I suspect that he wants the full truth to be known and will bring it up in closing, but maybe not.

I sure wish we could fast forward past the paid abuse and psychological defense experts and get straight to closing arguments. I can't wait to see how Martinez wraps this up.

d505: I too think that Jodi made up the ridiculous rope cutting story only as a means by which to introduce the presence of a knife in the bathroom. I don't think there was any rope involved in any of the events that took place that day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 03-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM