Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
Just caught some recaps from today; Day 1 of re-direct.

Nurmi played only Travis's side of the phone sex tape; it was also printed. To me, that makes no sense. It's irrelevant without the other person's reactions and banter, imo. I would feel the same if we only heard/saw Jodi's side of the tape. Totally out of context. I do worry that the defense might have scored points if anyone on the jury was waffling; the way it was presented made Travis appear more deviant. I don't think the jury will forget what actually went down which was a very encouraging and turned-on Jodi on the other end of the phone. Wondering whether Martinez will bother playing the whole thing again, just in case.

Jodi seemed to not want to go all the way in calling Travis names today, even though Nurmi seemed to be prompting for that. I think that was smart of them and we'll see more of the same tomorrow; the abuse experts are up next and Jodi looked anything but an abuse victim during Martinez's cross-examination. She now needs to re-establish the appearance of this poor abused woman who only wanted to please this very bad man who she loved anyway (and still does) and who would never hurt him unless he made her. That's what she needs to peddle right now; that's what this re-direct is all about.

JMO...

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 03-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM