Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
Right with you, Tiki. Good questions and good signs this afternoon!

Happy to see the jurors asking question that reflect doubt about Samuels's contention that Jodi suffers from low self-esteem. Nothing in her actions supports that diagnosis, quite the contrary, imo.

If the jury considers Jodi to possess normal or high self-esteem, that quashes one of the symptoms Samuel's cited as going towards PTSD. It also works against what the abuse expert is expected to contend - that Jodi was an abused/battered woman (low self-esteem is high on the battered woman symptom checklist).

JUROR QUESTION: Why do you think Arias had low self esteem during her relationship with Alexander?
Samuels answered that it is his opinion based upon things that she told him and what he read in her journals.

JUROR QUESTION: Isn't low self esteem normal?
Samuels answered that it is common, but it isn't normal; it's a serious condition and should be treated because it holds people back from achieving great things.

Ah, my favorite question so far:

JUROR QUESTION: Regarding the fight/flight response by Jodi on June 4, was there ever any discussion between you and Jodi regarding her response and why she did not flee from the bedroom?
Samuels answered that, according to what Jodi told him, she tried to flee and when that was unsuccessful she went into fight mode.

I guess trying to flee = rolling on the ground, getting up, and heading into enclosed areas to further the alleged confrontation. hah

The jury seems to have the same less clinical definition as do I = run away from the source of alleged danger and get the hell outta dodge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 03-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM