Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(04-22-2013, 05:48 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: If i were on that jury i wouldn't have any sympathy for her having BPD. maybe i am mean or whatever but she never got help for her disorder and she never got help for all the 'alleged' issues that did arise for other things that wouldn't be ptsd or battered woman syndrome that would stop her from getting help.

i think martinez will do his job as he has done in many other cases and do a great job in closing. who knows maybe he'll leave out BPD all together, does he even need to touch on it, is it important? Does it matter? BPD doesn't affect between knowing right or wrong does it? i don't know the answer to that question? If it doesn't then i would say it doesn't matter that she has it then and i would say if he includes it then that should be mentioned.

I wouldn't have sympathy for her either, heartbreaker. I don't think the defense has come anywhere near proving that Travis Alexander physically attacked Jodi over a camera drop and she had to kill him to save herself (and then overkilled him due the effects of being a battered and then covered it up because she was suffering from PTSD). I'd be surprised if any jurors believe the self defense claim and fail to find her guilty of first degree murder. I too think Martinez's closing will be very strong; looking forward to it.

But, like others have expressed here, I've been unpleasantly surprised before. Still reeling from the Casey Anthony verdict. I hope we're not surprised again with the Arias verdict.

Much less confident about the sentencing than the verdict. I don't think it should matter that Jodi has been diagnosed with BPD during sentencing deliberations. The disorder doesn't prevent people from knowing right from wrong; instead they often feel irrationally justified and entitled in their extreme reactions to anger and perceived rejection. I just fear that there will be at least one juror who will view any mental disorder as a mitigating factor when deciding life or death, regardless of how they're advised; hope to be wrong.

Life without the possibility of parole would still be a win for the prosecution, imo. But, hope to see Arias isolated on death row instead of having the opportunity to continue manipulating the prison population (especially since the Alexander family wants the death penalty).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 04-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM