Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Yo, LC!
The Cackling Hens were shitting up the other thread, so my question to you may have been lost.

Seriously, you find the term "gal" offensive or derogatory? Why is that? I've honestly never used that term in anyway meaning to insult. Do the other ga...ahem...women on this board also find that term derogatory?

Inquiring minds wanna know, as I do use that term often when speaking in RL.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

"Gal" is a step up from cunt for ramsey, so she probably likes it.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
it's a very old-fashioned and denigrating term for women. i don't think it's been used since the 30s. it implies a negative stereotype. silly girls. not to be taken seriously.

Seriously kid, good women don't like it. You may not mean anything by it, and stupid cows won't mind it, but it is condescending.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
cackling hens? 28

oh you Kid.

I honestly wasnt aware of that. And I am being serious. I've always used that term in a rather affectionate way. "She's a sweet gal", etc...

Granted, I know it is an older term...but older doesnt mean degrading in this case.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

(04-15-2012, 12:56 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: cackling hens? 28

oh you Kid.

Yeah...now THAT was meant to be derogatory!

(04-15-2012, 12:54 PM)Cracker Wrote: Seriously kid, good women don't like it. You may not mean anything by it, and stupid cows won't mind it, but it is condescending.

yep...and if you ever call us mam...run for cover like your life depended on it.
(04-15-2012, 12:48 PM)Cracker Wrote: "Gal" is a step up from cunt for ramsey, so she probably likes it.

Again, Crackass has to mention me. Get over it baby doll.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(04-15-2012, 12:57 PM)thekid65 Wrote: but older doesnt mean degrading in this case.

It's the same as calling a grown man "boy."

Kid, you know there's not a PC bone in my body and I even know that.
*cackle*

[Image: 4842010846_3405fabc7e.jpg]

(04-15-2012, 01:02 PM)Cracker Wrote: It's the same as calling a grown man "boy."

Completely disagree. Boy, would obviously be offensive to a black person, and to a man, yes..it would infer that he hasnt grown up. But gal, albeit old, still is a synonym for a woman.

Now, if I were to use old terms like broad, or dame..then yes, I can see the offense.

Anyhow, I'm not ashamed to admit I learned something today.

broad, or dame

yep. worse. hahahaha

And, now that I think about it...on the golf course, when one of my buddies or playing partners makes a good/great shot..I always say "atta boy", and believe me, nobody has ever come back with "WTF...did you just call me boy?"

Keep using it. I told you the generally accepted meaning, believe it or not. I doubt you are in the market for the kind of woman who would care either way.
(04-15-2012, 01:08 PM)thekid65 Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 01:02 PM)Cracker Wrote: It's the same as calling a grown man "boy."

Completely disagree. Boy, would obviously be offensive to a black person, and to a man, yes..it would infer that he hasnt grown up. But gal, albeit old, still is a synonym for a woman.

Now, if I were to use old terms like broad, or dame..then yes, I can see the offense.

Anyhow, I'm not ashamed to admit I learned something today.

You learned something today, yet you still "completely disagree" with multiple WOMEN telling you whats acceptable and whats not. Damn man...were trying to help you out!!!
I just thought it was something old people said, for example Tommy Tourette is taking his gal out tonight for bingo and an ice cream social. I didn't know it was offensive.
(04-15-2012, 03:21 PM)sally Wrote: I didn't know it was offensive.

It's not offensive, just derogatory. I don't care WTF he calls me, just trying to help the brother out.

Honestly, it's like ghetto rats using constant profanity and mumbling all the time. Doesn't really matter because it's not like they are looking for a job or anything. Kid doesn't need to know how to charm anyone who uses a straightener and proper English.
GAL...

Get a life. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen