Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread....
(05-25-2013, 06:47 PM)username Wrote: My son had a Rocky Balboa moment today. He was in a skate competition. He fell once and was limping when he got up. He kept skating. He fell again a few minutes later and this time, he literally sort of staggered to his feet. People around me were saying his elbow looked broken (I'm near sighted so I couldn't see shit) and one person even said it looked like a bone was sticking out. The announcer suggested my son come up to the front (leave the competition) but my son shook off his friends and kept skating and performing tricks. I told the parents around me that my son would kill me out of embarrassment if I intervened. So, he finished the last few minutes of the competition.

His elbow:

[Image: photo3_zps73f83e3d.jpg]

It's not as bad as it looks and probably not broken (more like some bursitis injury or something...they have a name for it in skateboarding). And yeah, thankfully no "bone sticking out". Anyway, he was definitely the kid with a lot of heart today plus he got 3rd place. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I used to be a professional skateboarder and injuries like that were almost like a badge of honour.

There was an old pop song who's chorus summed up the life of a skateboarder it went “I get knocked down but I get up again you're never gonna keep me down!”. Sort of sums up what life as a skateboarder is like.

My knees and back are all fucked up now but wouldn't change it for the world I had a great time.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - by Cynical Ninja - 05-26-2013, 12:57 AM