Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Life VS Animal Life
A comment made in another thread got me to thinking more throughly about this subject.

Human life vs animal life.

A couple of random thoughts as they come to me.
First, I believe in hunting. Not so much as purely a sport- as killing a dear with a high powered rifle from a distance of 300 yards and leaving the carcass to rot where it fell is vile.
Hunting with honor and tradition is a worthy sport if the meat is consumed and precautions taken to hunt within guidelines of the law.

Secondly, and more on point as to my thoughts, some of the strongest animal advocates I know are K9 handlers for the Sheriff's office here locally.

The pride and attention a K9 handler gives to and for his dog is second to none. The dog is not merely a service animal but instead a partner with the deputy.
Even so, with that being prefaced, a dog handler would have no issue sending his dog into a life or death situation to save anyone in need. In other words, even a "criminal" who is being attacked by an assailant would receive the complete assistance of the K9- even at the expense of the dog's life.

It is a rare and wonderful relationship between K9's and their owners and even so with all of us between our pets and ourselves, whether those animals are horses or dogs or even cats.

But, with that stated, to place animal life over human life is a sour notion that really speaks volumes regarding the person who believes that is correct and justified vs those who balance the life between humans and animals, always placing human life first.

I know this is a Mock forum and many comments are made that make all of of wince every once in a while, but there is a distinction between mocking and true opinion/belief and it is the belief that animal life is superior over human life I find offensive and subject to comment.
I agree with you 100%.
Every life whether human or animal is precious but if you eat meat, there is NO WAY you can say animal lives are superior over human. You're a hypocrite if you say so.

Killing an animal for glee is a whole different matter. I've known plenty of degenerate kids growing up who thought nothing of torturing cats, rats, frogs or turtles growing up. Many of these kids are completely fucked up adults.

I've stated before I have no problem with hunting. You've read my article regarding PeTA and that should also speak volumes to you on how I feel on this subject.

Now wait for it...... OP will be here soon to contradict what I just said.
I don't even need to read all of the first post.

If you had to kill 1,000,000 animals to save 1 human life - you do it.

I do not understand the people who have issues with killing rats, mice, and ANY animals specifically bred for research. In my opinion we should kill every single animal on the planet if it will give us a cure for cancer, aids, etc. Obviously that is not going to happen, but my point remains the same.
on my dept., as in all others i am sure, K-9s are family members to their handlers. they are loved and cared for like any other officer. they even wear the dept. badge on their collars. when they are killed in the line of duty, they receive all funeral honors. we raised a lot of money to equip them with bullet-proof vests. they are not aware, as humans are, that they can be killed in the line of duty. but they are loyal and devoted and when one is lost it is tragic. when a human officer is murdered it is also tragic. they have families and kids and moms and dads and also love life. they answer a call, put their lives on the line, and for the most part are sincere about their calling to help the public. they don't deserve to be murdered for doing their jobs. the average person does not go to work with the thought in the back of their minds that they may not survive to see their loved ones again. it's a heavy weight.

I have mixed feelings regarding this topic...I would risk my life to save my animals..i.e. run into a burning barn to try and save them and I would do the same for some people..all the animals are deserving of that but, I'm sorry to say, not all people are...For me to not consider someone deserving is something that person would have made me feel, I don't just indiscriminately dislike some people.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I know someone who actually went into a burning barn to save her horses. None of the horses were saved and she's horribly disfigured for life.
Cowboy had a standardbred here for therapy who had been through a fire...his vocal cords had been burned & whenever he whinnied it sounded like a whisper, very soft & delicate...Poor lil' guy..Somehow I always have more empathy for the animals than I do the humans.
Liquid Wrote:I don't even need to read all of the first post.

I do not understand the people who have issues with killing rats, mice, and ANY animals specifically bred for research. In my opinion we should kill every single animal on the planet if it will give us a cure for cancer, aids, etc. Obviously that is not going to happen, but my point remains the same.

MF - It would be interesting if you added a poll to this thread with the following question and options.

POLL QUESTION - Should animals be killed to save human lives
Answer Options -
1) Yes, kill them all to save human lives
2) No, never kill any animals
3) I like fucking animals
4) It is OK to sometimes kill animals if being used for legitimate research
5) I don't care about anything or anyone.

The Antagonist Wrote:I know someone who actually went into a burning barn to save her horses. None of the horses were saved and she's horribly disfigured for life.
Ant, I didn't mean to imply that I felt more sympathy for a horse than I did your friend..it was just a general statement...It is horrible what happened to her & of course I feel empathy about that...Sorry, if I wasn't so clear on that.
Oh don't feel sorry for her. I don't.
She destroyed her horses. In her case I feel more for the horses and not her. She cheated on the electrical wire. Downsized the grade of copper on a long run from the house to the barn. She also kept her hay in the aisle, next to the circuit box.

She also destroyed one of my horses in her care.

But what OBK is talking about is on a whole different level I think.

Caring deeply for our animals is one thing, saying they come first in the food chain is another.

I do know situations where people have put their lives on the line for their animal too. Just look at any firefighter who's gone into a burning building after he was told to clear out only to go in and save a dog or a cat and kittens.
The Antagonist Wrote:Caring deeply for our animals is one thing, saying they come first in the food chain is another.
I'm a carnivore, damnit. I may love animals, but meat is gooooood
Liquid Wrote:
Liquid Wrote:I don't even need to read all of the first post.

MF - It would be interesting if you added a poll to this thread with the following question and options.

POLL QUESTION - Should animals be killed to save human lives
Answer Options -
1) Yes, kill them all to save human lives
2) No, never kill any animals
3) I like fucking animals
4) It is OK to sometimes kill animals if being used for legitimate research
5) I don't care about anything or anyone.

Heh ... welp, that is up to OBK, as it is his thread. If he doesn't want me to, you can always start a new one yourself. Good idea.

Personally, in general, of course human life before animals. HOWEVER, there are quite a few people I would let die to save my dog from dying. In other words, not everyone would beat out my dog if I had to pick a life to save.
86 112
I think animals were put here to eat andthey should be used for some research, not all of it is necessary though. If I had to choose between saving any of you or my dog from drowning, however... I'd save my dog.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:But, with that stated, to place animal life over human life is a sour notion that really speaks volumes regarding the person who believes that is correct and justified vs those who balance the life between humans and animals, always placing human life first.

Gee...it's such a puzzle who you are referring to. ::dunno::

I have said - many times - that I don't like cops. Only acceptable cop to me IS a K-9. And I don't care what that makes you think of me any more than I'd care about a fart in a windstorm. The shit I have dealt with because of some pig has completely soured my view of them. They are power-hungry, God-complex, arrogant retards playing tough guy. I have no use for any of them. And any Biker you ask would say the same thing;to your faceor on the web. You want to learn more? Go to my forum at 24 and pose the question. There are many reasons Bikers hate cops, the biggest one being the constant harassment just because the Biker wears a patch on his back and for no other reason. So yeah; K-9's are more worthy than any human cop. A human cop - 95% of the time, probably - wants to walk around with a gun on his hip and play badass. A K-9 puts its life on the line only because it is trained to do so, not knowing that his job could possibly kill him and not caring if it was aware.

[user=93]sally[/user] wrote:
Quote:I think animals were put here to eat andthey should be used for some research, not all of it is necessary though. If I had to choose between saving any of you or my dog from drowning, however... I'd save my dog.
Ditto. Got my vote.

Sinister Wrote:They are power-hungry, God-complex, arrogant retards playing tough guy.
Verses a bunch of pack mentality, leather wearing arrogant retards riding bikes and playing tough guy, that's pretty rich...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I'm not sure what happens anywhere else in the world, but down here when a police dog and it's handler are trained, they are trained in a pair. The handler has to go through a series or psych tets to establish if they are fit for service with an animal. A big part of that is being able to care for the animal but also emotionally detach themselves from it to send it into a life and death situation without hesitation. Obviously their thinking is there is no room for sentimentality when a split second decision needs to be made.

I care for animals as much as the next person, but I make no apologies, a human life will always come first.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
OnBendedKnee Wrote:But, with that stated, to place animal life over human life is a sour notion that really speaks volumes regarding the person who believes that is correct and justified vs those who balance the life between humans and animals, always placing human life first.
Would you save your best friend or family memberover a stranger, I would. Who the hell are you to say that the best friend's life shouldn't be valued as much if it's an animal? Some people love their pets like they were their children, some people only have their pets and no one else. Why shouldn't they value their lives more than a strangers?
Sinister, your position on cops has been stated over and over by you ad nauseum. We all get it. I got it the second I joined and have been getting it ever since from you. You treat your distain for all cops like a religion. We've heard your mantra loud and clear for months now.

You hate cops. You wish ALL cops dead. If you could get away with it, you'd just as easily kill a cop than you would order take-out or file your nails.

It is other members opinions I am seeking as generally speaking, theirs are open and much more interesting and diverse.

See, even with a poor experience from a Biker I wouldn't want all bikers dead or label all of them looser ass-wipes.
There's a discernment built into the human psyche that allows most people the ability to pick and choose who they hate instead of simply hating a classification of people.
You don't share that trait nor do you have the ability to rationalize between the people you like and those you don't. Bottom line, you take the lazy and easy way out and simply dismiss a group of people without investigating the individual. What's ironically humorous though is you bristle at the notion anyone else would dare do that of you or your ilk.

Just know, as you continue to hate all cops that most, even knowing this about you, would send in their service dog to save you, should it come down to making that decision. It would still be your life over the animal.

In other words, you, Sinister, are more valuable than a K9's life- even knowing how despicable you find that K9 handler to be.

(You would just as much wish for the cop to die than live yet he on the other hand would wish for you to be safe and alive. )

And, for most people I know, it isn't because "well, that's his job, God damn it." No, instead It is simply because it is the right thing to do. It is the right way to behave. This coming from an atheist. Placing YOUR life over an animal's life is the right thing to do.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:Sinister, your position on cops has been stated over and over by you ad nauseum. We all get it.
Yet you still feel the need to start a thread about something I said about it. If you think I'm not going to state my opinion on what the majority of cops are like, you haven't been paying attention or your memory retention is like that of a goldfish. (Which is 3 seconds, in case you didn't know that.)
Quote:You hate cops. You wish ALL cops dead. If you could get away with it, you'd just as easily kill a cop than you would order take-out or file your nails.
Not quite....If I saw a cop on fire I wouldn't sell him a cup of horse piss, though.

[user=90]OnBendedKnee[/user] wrote:
Quote:There's a discernment built into the human psyche that allows most people the ability to pick and choose who they hate instead of simply hating a classification of people.
You don't share that trait nor do you have the ability to rationalize between the people you like and those you don't. Bottom line, you take the lazy and easy way out and simply dismiss a group of people without investigating the individual.

Just exactly like every cop I've ever known of does to Bikers. Not one iota of difference.

I wasn't being coy, and as much as you would like to flatter yourself, this thread was not started based on your opinion or position.

Your tender nugget of expression was merely a morsel for further thought and it was the opinion of other members here I was soliciting (thus, no direct reference to you).