Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DON'T TOUCH ME, NIGGER

When a hospital gets requests from patients saying they don't want to be cared for by a black person, is the hospital right to honor those requests?

They have to, right? Wrong?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I cannot even believe anyone would be so rude. I would hope the hospital tells the person to go elsewhere if they have these types of "special requests."
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Ramsey, there is a shit ton of people who would have no problem voicing that request & it's my opinion the hospital would have to comply. It's not much different than requesting a female nurse instead of a male nurse.

Here's the story that inspired this thread -

Two African American care home employees have accused their bosses of stopping them working with a white patient as he refused to be cared for by black people.

Shiawassee County Medical Care Facility, in Corunna, Michigan, allegedly told them that they could not work with the patient, according to TV5.

Nursing assistant Andrea Butler said: '[I've] never, ever been treated like this before. It hurts, it really hurts, especially because I'm there to take care of them.'

Nurse Tonya Battle has spoken out about the case. She was told by staff at Hurley medical Centre she couldn't care for a newborn at the request of the baby's white parents.

She said: ‘It's outrageous that a medical facility would grant this request, especially on the heels of the battle against Hurley Medical Centre case, that there was a public outcry that a patient's request based on race would be granted.’

‘In my legal opinion, a patient can not request somebody to not work with them based on race. This is clearly illegal under federal law, I believe it's illegal under state law as well.’

I'm curious to know if this is legal. I think patients have a right to these requests.

Source
On one hand that is some seriously rude shit and the hospitals should tell the pt to fuckoff.
On the other hand, this is shit I have seen. Some of the hospitals here are crawling with 3rd worlders, Hatiens and other islanders in all kinds of service work, not so much in the professional fields. These folks are rude as shit, zero bedside manner, they constantly talk to co workers in pidgin french while dealing with patients, they steal, all kinds of shit.
I don't think I would want them working on me either.
Part of the problem with all the immigrants, there is no requirement that they even try to assimilate.
Of course all of them are not like that, but enough are that the pervasive sentiment is that they are not to be trusted.
As a point, the incidents of MRSA has skyrocketed in the last several years and there is always an article in the news about some hospital with an anal probe that has not been cleaned properly.
Who do you recon is supposed to do that job?
Technically, it probably IS legal. Does not make it RIGHT by any measure. I have seen many medical dramas deal with this issue.

To be honest, given the opportunity, I would make the white patient tell the black nurse why they are making the request, in front of hospital administrators. But that would never happen. Hospitals don't want trouble.
I would just tell the patient that the nurse assigned to them is the nurse they get. They can NOT pick and choose.
But as a wise man has once said..

[Image: CannotFixStupid.jpg]
I think the patient has the right to refuse care from anyone, especially with home health. I'm not sure how that would work in an emergency room or for surgical procedures, however, when there may not be anyone else immediately available to care for them. I'm pretty sure when you go to the hospital and have to sign all those papers that the hospital is covered from being sued in the case that a patient suffers an injury or death due to refusing care.
If I'm ill enough to be in hospital I really don't give a fuck what sex, race or religion the people who are caring for me are as long as they know what they are doing.

I would tell the ungrateful fucker in the case mentioned to accept the help of the black care workers or care for himself with his own white hands.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Now that I think about it, at any hospital or doctors office you have to sign a paper giving them the right to care for you and should you refuse for any reason, they are not liable for injury.
(07-25-2013, 11:32 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: as long as they know what they are doing.
Therein lies the rub. Medical malpractice still kills more people here than just about anything else.
(07-25-2013, 11:55 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(07-25-2013, 11:32 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: as long as they know what they are doing.
Therein lies the rub. Medical malpractice still kills more people here than just about anything else.

You mean you people pay all that money for private healthcare and insurance and medical malpractice is still a major problem?

Maybe you don't get what you pay for sometimes?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
That is a fact, ever read a hospital bill?
$12 for an aspirin
(07-25-2013, 04:20 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: That is a fact, ever read a hospital bill?
$12 for an aspirin

That's obscene.

Its like daylight robbery.

I mean healthcare in the UK isn't free everyone who can afford to has to contribute but it is good value for money.
I think that's bullshit and it's NOT the same as requesting a specific gender of healthcare provider. I can see someone preferring a male (or female) to insert their cathater or something but the color of their skin ought not make a bit of difference.

Bullshit
Commando Cunt Queen
(07-25-2013, 04:20 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: That is a fact, ever read a hospital bill?
$12 for an aspirin

Some examples are charging $90.00 for a 70 Cent IV or calling a box of Kleenex a mucus recovery system ...

http://binsuredhere.com/avoiding-outrage...vercharges
(07-25-2013, 04:42 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
$12 for an aspirin

That's obscene.

Its like daylight robbery.

I mean healthcare in the UK isn't free everyone who can afford to has to contribute but it is good value for money.

I don't hear people complaining in the UK or Canada about their healthcare, but they've brainwashed everyone here into thinking it won't work and they'll get shit care.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm just fucking thrilled to pay Medicaid taxes at the same time having to pay high insurance premiums for shit care. It's wonderful.
(07-25-2013, 05:52 PM)sally Wrote: I don't know about everyone else, but I'm just fucking thrilled to pay Medicaid taxes at the same time having to pay high insurance premiums for shit care. It's wonderful.

Just went to my company's annual Health Insurance meeting last week.

We've been notified that our premiums will be going up $123/mo. (yes, for the same shitty coverage).

However, they're trying to get us to sign up for lower premiums with the caveat that the employee pays the first $6K out of pocket for anything other than yearly Wellness checks.

Now, I don't know about anybody else, but I've never budgeted for $6K out of pocket in addition to my ungodly premiums.

Seems like complete horseshit.

The monthly premium on that plan would be about $180/mo less than what we'd pay if we elect the same coverage from last year. So really, just $60/mo. less than what I'm paying now.

Oh, and they started the meeting blaming Obamacare.

That was funny.
Wtf do you pay a month?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

The cost of healthcare insurance is obscene. Every time I write a check for it I think of Maggot telling me to bank the money instead, to create a fund. Ugh. I'm sorry I'm even thinking about this stuff.
(07-25-2013, 06:26 PM)crash Wrote: Wtf do you pay a month?

Right now, Health & Dental combined is $550/mo.