JESUS, IS HE TOO SEXY?
There's a new movie coming out tomorrow called Son of God.

It stars Portuguese actor Diogo Morgado as Jesus.

[Image: Diogo-Morgado-Hot-Jesus.jpg]

He's reportedly causing a stir on social media with some religious people saying his casting is sexualizing Jesus, and others just thrilled that Jesus is so damned hot.

CNN anchor Carol Costello raised the issue of why a divine but still incarnate historical figure must be portrayed as handsome, buff or "physically perfect."

Historians say that Jesus, as a Jew of first-century Palestine, was probably more dark skinned than the fair-faced Mr. Morgado.

Morgado says if Jesus is about love and compassion and he attracts more people to that, it's cool by him.

Is this sexualizing Jesus? Is it a problem?
(02-27-2014, 11:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: There's a new movie coming out tomorrow called Son of God.

[Image: Diogo-Morgado-Hot-Jesus.jpg]

Historians say that Jesus, as a Jew of first-century Palestine,
was probably more dark skinned than the fair-faced Mr. Morgado.

I agree with the historians. His skin would be darker
and his nose would probably be BIGGER.

[Image: ll-2.jpg]
(02-27-2014, 11:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Is this sexualizing Jesus? Is it a problem?

It's not a problem for me. He's a great looking guy.

I often laugh about the things we find to argue about in here but when mainstream media sources debate whether Jesus is too sexy I just think it's dumb.

This movie is a result of extra filming being done when Mark & Roma made the Jesus film before this. It was hugely popular and now they got a second film out of it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Doesn't bother me either. Why not make Jesus handsome?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
My local hospital has pictures of hot Jesus everywhere and I don't think anyone has complained.

If this guy is too sexy then who do they suggest play the role? I'm trying to think of who would make a good homely Jesus.

I just went back and saw that it was CNN involved in the debate. It wouldn't have surprised me in the least had it been Fox given how adamant they were in regards to Santa being white and not black.
It's pretty silly. But then again is it right that every women and homo will be thinking how they'd like to fuck Jesus while watching the movie? Is it ok with you holy rollers (MS, Maggot, Aussie) that Jesus is being portrayed as a JILF?

JILF. hah
I don't think he's portrayed as JILF. I think they picked a good looking actor because that is more enticing to people. More people are going to buy what he's selling if he looks good doing it. No one wants to go see an ugly Jesus. Most heros/heroines in movies are attractive. The prince, princess, super hero. Santa Clause is cute and kind looking. The evil witch is ugly. The Joker is ugly. The devil is ugly. Good people are attractive and bad people are not.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(02-28-2014, 09:32 AM)sally Wrote: I'm trying to think of who would make a good homely Jesus.

He might be a little old for the part...

[Image: shameless-william-h-macy.jpg]

But, William H. Macy would get my vote for the anti-JILF casting. I think he's great.
Jeff Bridges would be another good one, but again a little old for the part. I think he's good looking, but not so much that he'd be considered a JILF.

[Image: jeff_bridges.jpg]
Yeah, I think Jeff Bridges would make a great Jesus.

For an older chick like me, he'd be more of a JILF than the OP Jesus. I think he gets better with age.

Loved him in The Morning After, Jagged Edge, and especially loved The Dude in The Big Lebowski. I haven't seen Crazy Heart yet, but it's on my list.
(02-28-2014, 10:00 AM)sally Wrote: It's pretty silly. But then again is it right that every women and homo will be thinking how they'd like to fuck Jesus while watching the movie? Is it ok with you holy rollers (MS, Maggot, Aussie) that Jesus is being portrayed as a JILF?

I think that whatever the means (in this case a good-looking guy) that gets people to hear about and understand Jesus' message, it's fine by me.
(02-28-2014, 12:09 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I think that whatever the means (in this case a good-looking guy) that gets people to hear about and understand Jesus' message, it's fine by me.

I agree.....Nothing wrong with Jesus that a hammer and a few nails can't fix. He is so pretty that in this version Roman centurions roll the stone away to engage in 3 days of necrophilia. Imagine their surprise when He comes back to life! They just can't get enough of hymn.
(02-28-2014, 09:32 AM)sally Wrote: My local hospital has pictures of hot Jesus everywhere and I don't think anyone has complained.

If this guy is too sexy then who do they suggest play the role? I'm trying to think of who would make a good homely Jesus.
Mr. Burns from Family Guy... DUH! hah
Jesus is just alright man!

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I don't like to boast but, I know Jesus and that's not what he looks like, nice try though.

Is your Jesus a hot Jesus? A JILF?
(02-28-2014, 10:54 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 09:32 AM)sally Wrote: I'm trying to think of who would make a good homely Jesus.

He might be a little old for the part...
But, William H. Macy would get my vote for the anti-JILF casting. I think he's great.

I would have liked to see George Carlin as Jesus.

[Image: kljhkjk.jpg]
(03-01-2014, 06:46 AM)Duchess Wrote: Is your Jesus a hot Jesus? A JILF?

Dunno, you be the judge

[Image: 9ab055da-5dd5-496c-843b-bd2fc3f2518e_zps9ec48937.jpg]

sorry I had to post this, he is such a ham! hah

[Image: 35f15de2-978e-4453-940f-c2b3c5cc1da6_zpsea035cd4.jpg]