You find a book..
It's the complete story of your life. Page for page, word for word.

Do you read it to the end? Every page? Or do you skip to the last page? Or do you throw it away?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

I'd like to think I'd have enough sense to throw it away.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Meh. I will just wait for the movie.
Go to the last page. I want to see the bus thats bearing down on me with a smile.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-13-2014, 08:56 AM)QueenBee Wrote: Meh. I will just wait for the movie.

hah
I wrote the book, so I already know what it says.

I'd throw it away because for a couple of years now I've had a rule in place for myself. For every new book I bring in, I have to donate one out.

Sometimes I break the rule, but not too often. I no longer have stacks of books posing as tables and such.
Hmmm...might have to go through some of it to refresh some names, lots of them made me smile...other than that, I'd trash it
Well like a normal person I would think WTF after the first page or two, then I would skim through the pages still thinking WTF. Once I got to the present I would read it word for word until the end. Then I would contact the writer because that's too weird not to find out why someone wrote a book about my life.
With the knowledge of the future you have some control over fate, for example you could prevent a tragic accident involving your loved ones. But only if you read the book until the end.
I think everyone would read it to the end. The train wreck scenario and all...you don't want to look, but can't help yourself.

I'd throw that puppy in the fireplace so fast heads would spin. It would have way too much control over how I lived my life & I can't have that. Nooooo.
Wait...I thought it was a minute by minute, word by word, account of our lives to date.

I like my life, but wouldn't want to relive it in printed form - already been there.

If the book includes the rest of our lives -- actually, I don't think I'd read that section either. I wouldn't trust the source. Even if I did trust the source, I'd toss the book -- reading it would take all the mystery outta life, which is one of the best parts (to me).
(03-13-2014, 04:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Wait...I thought it was a minute by minute, word by word, account of our lives to date.

It's the complete story of our life. I took that to mean in its entirety.
(03-13-2014, 04:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-13-2014, 04:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Wait...I thought it was a minute by minute, word by word, account of our lives to date.

It's the complete story of our life. I took that to mean in its entirety.

Yeah, I misunderstood.

The complete story of my life in its entirety is up til now. The rest of the true life story is unwritten because it's unlived.

I read it too literally. I get it now. It's a book that tells you your history and future. The former I know, the latter I don't wanna know. It's going on the Goodwill truck...

I kinda wouldn't mind reading about my early life, the part of it when I am too young to have a memory of it but I don't want to know the future.
I can see why people would wanna read an all-details version of their history and/or their future.

I don't really wanna know more about myself and my life than I feel is "enough" and natural. I generally like the unknown and like wondering.

I do like reading the history of other people, though. Of course, that's not really their exact history -- just their history as they remember or have been told by others.
I guess there would be a lot of pros and cons.

There are certain things in my life that no matter what, I don't seem to learn the obvious, smack you in the face, lesson. Maybe if I read it in the exact way it happened, instead of vague memories, I would see it in a whole new light.

Also...I have a goal to what I want to get accomplished by certain future ages. If I'm headed down the wrong fork in the road, I can make it right, and if I'm already doing it right, then I can keep going on my merry way.

You're right, HotD...no mystery there. It wouldn't be any fun knowing.

I chang my answer to No...I wouldn't read it to the end.
I thought about it again and if I had a book that held my future I wouldn't be content throwing it away and saying whatever will be will be. The book is not just about you, it's everyone you're connected with. Should you fuck with destiny, I think it's ok in some cases. If you read the book you could prevent a loved one from being diagnosed with last stage terminal cancer. They're eventually going to die anyway, but what if it was your child and an earlier diagnosis could have left them with a long happy life? How would you feel if they died and you didn't read the book?
(03-13-2014, 06:14 PM)sally Wrote: I thought about it again and if I had a book that held my future I wouldn't be content throwing it away and saying whatever will be will be. The book is not just about you, it's everyone you're connected with. Should you fuck with destiny, I think it's ok in some cases. If you read the book you could prevent a loved one from being diagnosed with last stage terminal cancer. They're eventually going to die anyway, but what if it was your child and an earlier diagnosis could have left them with a long happy life? How would you feel if they died and you didn't read the book?

You're right.

I'm changing my answer back to reading it all the way through.
(03-13-2014, 06:25 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I'm changing my answer back to reading it all the way through.

hah