Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fishing
Anyone go fishing? I'm in the middle of trout season and they got a late start on stocking the rivers this year so I've been getting rainbows about 10-12" long a few native brook trout but no stock trout. My 8 yr old goes nuts fishing and freaks out when a fly or bug lands on him but can thread a worm fine on a hook. My question I guess is..........

Do you fish? Does OZ have fishing besides saltwater and does anyone in Europe fish or in the states or in any of the places where you live? A pond, Lake or Culvert? California, Midwest, Florida,Texas?

Do you just eat fish and kiss it if its a big one? So many questions, so many smells.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I fish. I love it, and my boy loves it too.

There's pretty good game fishing all around the coast of this country. The east coast has everything from monster tuna in the south to Marlin and sailfish on the mid east coast to reef fishing on the north east coast. It's great up there..coral trout, red emporer, golden snapper, barracuda, Spanish mackerel, GTs the size of a horse..yatter yatter. In the south, across the bottom, they get awesome red snapper, up in the top end the get barramundi, mangrove jack...I could blab about it for an hour..

Inland there is everything from trout, to bass, to murray cod, catfish, a few perch varieties, saratoga, redfin.... it's pretty much an Anglers paradise down here..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

I don't fish, that would require sitting still and being quiet. I have ants in my pants.

I fished as a kid and I remember eating fish called bullheads, they are full of bones, FULL. Everyone fished for them in the spring, you'd see fires dotting every shore around. I haven't thought of this in years...and they had whiskers that stung.

My brothers would fish for gar pike & last summer I saw a rockfish in the grassy median at the supermarket. It was ginormous, I've always regretted not getting a picture, I see how people look at me when I say that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I like fishing, but I don't really know what I'm doing in terms of bait, lures and all that jazz. I just like to tag along with people who know what they're doing, cast it out there, have a beer...and wait (and get all excited when I reel something in).

Took the kids camping and fishing overnight a couple of times when they were small - just the three of us. We had fun, but never caught a thing. The kids never minded Pop-tart dinners, though.

I dated a guy for a while about 10 years ago who took me hard-core camping and fishing for a 3-day weekend. It was a trip. The water was up to my chin and I stood there in it in those goofy overalls for hours on end. Not my favorite kind of fishing experience, but he caught a lot -- gutted and cleaned them lickity split and grilled them on the open fire for dinner. That part was great; it was the best fish I ever ate.
I like Snapper and striped Bass and am glad you have Trout. I just re-strung with camo string 4 of my poles here. I usually use an open faced reel but this year I'm using a couple Zebco reels with a short pole for getting around bushes. When I take my son it has to be an easy place to fish but sometimes I get outta work and walk a trail by myself and usually come home with supper, at least for me.
Do I fish'? No. Thing 1 loves it. I eat fish. But I'd rather have lobster.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I love to fish. I'll even put the slimy worm on the hook. I won't take the fish off when I catch one though. I got cut by a fin when I was a kid...very traumatizing. hah
I really enjoy fishing, especially fly fishing. Makes those 10"-12" you're referring to a lot more fun. Unfortunately, golf has mostly replaced my love for fishing, and all my poles and tackle are getting dusty in the garage. Idaho has world class trout fishing, and I really no longer take advantage of it. Shame on me.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

None of you feel bad that something has to die in order to feed you. For shame.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
We have pretty good fishing here in Florida. Down where I am a lot of the game fish in the ocean have been fished out though. I live on a big canal and we have large mouth bass, Peacock bass, Firemouth and catfish of a couple types. Its nice to step out the back door and pick up a rod and snag a nice one right behind the house.
Ocean fish I will eat, but not the freshwater ones I catch here. Rumor has it that there are mercury and a few other things in the mud, but I have never fought an unhealthy looking fish here, no ulcers, worms or anything. I keep meaning to take some samples and get them tested, just haven't done it.
I don't have any problem killing something to eat it, but have never seen the point of killing for a trophy, thats what pictures are for.
I like fishing, but I don't know what I'm doing. The only fish I've caught are cat fish out of the river and I'm not eating that, and then trying to get them off the hook to release them back in the water isn't very pleasant. I'm content with just sitting on the boat, drinking beer and catching nothing.

I've tried fishing in the ocean too, but no luck with that either. Some old guy told me to spay WD40 on sand crabs and use that as bait and I did catch something, but it took my pole out of the sand and swept it out into the ocean.
Never heard of the WD40 thing. I'm gonna have to try that. Maybe I'll catch a pole.
That old guy catches a ton of fish with that WD40 trick.
The one thing I miss, being back in the Phoenix metro area, is the complete lack of high mountain stream fishing for trout.

Hopefully, this summer will include a getaway to Lee's Ferry/Marble Canyon for some Colorado River fly fishing.

If something ends up on the hook, it's a bonus . . . not a requirement.

And then there's August in San Diego . . . for tuna!