Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Spare ribs simmered in Coke
Trying this today, 1 liter of Coke and a rack of ribs parboiled 2 hrs then on the grill for BBQ sauce for 20 min. Call me crazy but I think it will be good.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

2 hours? Is there still meat on the bone?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
root beer is better
It came out great you have to be careful taking it out of the pot. Not sure about the root beer, I don't like that much.
Sounds good. Not intended as a smart ass question...but did you use regular or diet coke? Would it make a difference?
(06-16-2014, 11:45 AM)QueenBee Wrote: Sounds good. Not intended as a smart ass question...but did you use regular or diet coke? Would it make a difference?

Regular and it came out good. I would do it again and probably will.
Marinated pork in the crock-pot for carnitas.

I see street tacos and taquitos in my future.

WTF, Maggot . . . don't you have a smoker?
(06-17-2014, 10:07 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Marinated pork in the crock-pot for carnitas.

I see street tacos and taquitos in my future.

WTF, Maggot . . . don't you have a smoker?

I had one but it became a casualty one Saturday night when my brother tripped over it in the dark and went off the porch and landed on it. He was ok but the smoker got smooshed.
(06-17-2014, 10:07 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: I see street tacos and taquitos in my future.

Tiki! Loveis
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have a recipe that I found somewhere a long time ago for doing pork belly with coke. But you add star anise and a few other things for flavour. It's twice cooked; simmered in the coke and spices for a couple of hours and basted with another marinade before it goes on the grill.

It's very rich and I can usually only stomach a small portion of it with a pile of Asian greens and white rice.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021