WHAT'S THAT SMELL?

Do you have a favorite scent, something you like to smell? Like bread baking or your woman's perfume? Will a smell bring a memory to mind?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that women have more heightened senses of smell and smell(s) do more for them.

As for me personally, I don't have a ton of associative installations relating to smell.

I like Skynyrd's song.

'Whiskey bottles, brand new cars. Oak tree you're in my way.'

I love the smell of sandalwood & horse poop. Separately.

I like the smell of a fair/carnival too. When I'm at home I always have potpourri burning, no flowery crap though.
My favorites are hazelnut coffee brewing, essential oil of peppermint or cassia depending on my mood..
I like the smell of clean. Like Lemon Pinesol after I mop the floors. And the smell of Downey from the dryer vent when I'm sitting outside on the deck.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Can't remember where I read it, but there was a study on scents that men respond to recently and overwhelmingly men respond favorably to lavender. Some of the gals in my office area have a diffuser for those essential oils. Couple of weeks ago they had a mixture that had lavender in it. It was the first time I'd ever heard men commenting on how good it smelled (myself included) and they've been using the diffuser for about a year now.
(04-20-2015, 06:15 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Can't remember where I read it, but there was a study on scents that men respond to recently and overwhelmingly men respond favorably to lavender. Some of the gals in my office area have a diffuser for those essential oils. Couple of weeks ago they had a mixture that had lavender in it. It was the first time I'd ever heard men commenting on how good it smelled (myself included) and they've been using the diffuser for about a year now.

Umm... not sure of the correlation or where you personally fit in the grand scheme of things, but 'Lavender' is a Gay Men's magazine.
When I was very young, I wore perfume, Shalimar, but last 40 years I have "worn" Cinnabar by Estes Lauder....I tend to stay loyal to the same scents. A number of people have asked me what I am wearing.
I love Yankee candles, and tend to like the spicy scents, such as pumpkin spice, basil/lime, vanilla lime, cinnamon, etc.....
Love, love Cinnabar; it is a spicy, oriental type scent, and very exotic.
(04-20-2015, 06:28 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I love Yankee candles

I do too. I burn their wax potpourri tarts every single day, today it's MidSummers Night.
Lots of smells bring back memories, My grandmothers Peach Cobbler, some perfumes I can smell in a crown and remember a certain person in detail, like a flash.
I pay attention to smells, they are great signals as to whats happening around you
(04-20-2015, 05:44 PM)ramseycat Wrote: And the smell of Downey from the dryer vent

What's he doing trapped in your dryer vent?

Does he smell of Iron, man?
My better half has a bottle of "Almond scented" hand soap in her bathroom. I love the smell of it, and use it more then I should! hah

(She finally bought me my own bottle, oh joy)[/u]
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(04-21-2015, 01:32 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 05:44 PM)ramseycat Wrote: And the smell of Downey from the dryer vent

He's in the dryer vent because Crash in is the Gray room.

(04-21-2015, 07:30 PM)Carsman Wrote: My better half has a bottle of "Almond scented" hand soap in her bathroom. I love the smell of it, and use it more then I should! hah

(She finally bought me my own bottle, oh joy)[/u]

Cars: You might want to see if your "better half" has taken out any recent insurance policies on your dear life.....I am sure you are aware that cyanide smells slightly of almonds.....just to be on safe side, try not to swallow any of this "soap." Told you I was watching too many true crime programs. hahhahhah
(04-21-2015, 07:51 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

Crash is in your sex dungeon? Thats 50 shades of wtf!
Pussy. I like the smell of pussy. A lot.
(04-21-2015, 10:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 07:51 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

Crash is in your sex dungeon? Thats 50 shades of wtf!

Don't be jelly bro.
Oohkay...*backs away slowly*
(04-22-2015, 04:20 PM)sally Wrote: Pussy. I like the smell of pussy. A lot.

hah

Now THAT is how you comment after being gone a few days.