Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FREE RANGE KIDS

Have you heard of them? They have absolute independence from infancy.

Free range parenting defined is - a parenting style in which few activities are organised for children. Instead, they are allowed to explore the world at their own pace.

This style of parenting is frowned upon and I think many would call it neglect.

What do you think of not putting limits on kids and simply letting them explore the world as they choose?

A family of 10 children have been seized by Kentucky child services after they were allegedly found to be living in squalor in a tiny cabin filled with garbage.

Police discovered the makeshift property last week when a neighbor said the father, Joe Naugler, threatened him with a knife and a gun.

But Joe and his pregnant wife Nicole insist authorities were waiting for an excuse to punish them for letting their children live a 'free range' and 'back to basics' lifestyle.

Story

[Image: 287EBA1F00000578-3074746-Misunderstood_T...788734.jpg]

[Image: 287EB99400000578-3074746-Home_Parents_Jo...788832.jpg]

[Image: 287EB9E300000578-3074746-_Free_range_The...788794.jpg]

[Image: 287EB9F100000578-3074746-This_kind_of_fr...788886.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Free range my ass. Raise your fucking children.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Well the last little kid is wearing a pamper, (who put that on?) and has lived long enough to grow teeth.

Some people are just not "parent" material! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

(anyway, they cleaned up pretty good for that picture)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

They look loved and well nourished. I don't see them rioting in Baltimore and given the chance to be delinquent I bet none are so inclined. Since I have never met them I can't comment any further; but Aussie must have a lot to contribute.

FREEDOM! What a scary thought.

[Image: fghhddd.jpg]

Go ask Aussie, I think she'll know...Ask Aussie when she's ten feet tall.

http://www.freerangekids.com/
A family of 10 children have been seized by Kentucky child services after they were allegedly found to be living in squalor in a tiny cabin filled with garbage.

That's ^^^ the only problem I have with it. It's unsanitary. Living a simple "back to basics" lifestyle doesn't give you an excuse to live like pigs.
(05-09-2015, 06:38 PM)sally Wrote: That's ^^^ the only problem I have with it. It's unsanitary. Living a simple "back to basics" lifestyle doesn't give you an excuse to live like pigs.

I noticed the pix were tagged so I checked out the source. She has a blog & a FB page, they both have a lot of pix documenting their life. She said her kids are allowed to play in the mud, they have fun doing so but they must clean up when they are done and she posted the before & after pix. All of the pix show happy, healthy children, in some they are playing, in others they are working, all the kids have their own responsibilities. This isn't a family of slackers, it takes a lot of work to be able to live the way they do, it's not an easy life.

It's my feeling that some of the pix that accompanied the story were for shock effect only. They wanted people to be horrified by the dirt and living conditions. I was until I looked further. These kids are productive individuals, they know responsibility and the value of hard work. There is no coddling going on in this family and their kids are better for it.
I have no problem with kids playing on the mud. Kids get dirty. The living in a filthy little cabin is not ok.
Yeah kids love to play in the mud, I let my own kids play in mud. I was talking about the filth and garbage inside the cabin. If that's even true because the pictures don't show the inside. But judging from the outside my guess is the inside isn't clean either. Look at all the shit they have thrown around the yard, there's a damn saw behind the baby.
(05-10-2015, 11:08 AM)sally Wrote: there's a damn saw behind the baby.

I saw that too. The Mom said he was supervising the building of her kitchen. Don't incinerate me, I'm just relaying what she said.

I've been looking at pix of their homestead. On one hand it looks idyllic (the nature surrounding them) and on the other I think, whatta freakin' hole. I'd be so out of my element. I wouldn't mind swimming to get clean for a weekend but not a lifetime. Holy fuck. No bathroom and for sure no towel warmer. I would at least rake my dirt every few hours so it looked tidy.
That doesn't look like good clean dirt to me. Any pictures of the inside? I bet it's disgusting.

Here's a link to her FB page. If you have concerns about clicking on it, google - blessedlittlehomestead.

Link

She also blogs - blessedlittlehomestead.org

She has pix of some of the indoor rooms, shacks, I don't really know what to call them.
(05-10-2015, 12:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've been looking at pix of their homestead. On one hand it looks idyllic (the nature surrounding them) and on the other I think, whatta freakin' hole. I'd be so out of my element. I wouldn't mind swimming to get clean for a weekend but not a lifetime. Holy fuck. No bathroom and for sure no towel warmer. I would at least rake my dirt every few hours so it looked tidy.

Rake your dirt! Hahaha
(05-10-2015, 01:47 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Rake your dirt! Hahaha

I was fantasizing what it would be like to be a free range Duchess.

...I cracked myself up. hah
If I were going to live like that I'd at least have to have a properly built cabin with a clean floor. Maybe a nice garden outside instead of mud. I've seen nicer tents than that. They basically live in dirt.
What a different reality as compared to those of us who grew up in a materialistic consumer driven environment. As a child, I was instilled with a sense of incompleteness if I didn't have what everybody else had. It strikes me as good to live free of commercials telling us we are falling short of the glory of the god of consumerism; where we are told we need to get busy making ourselves worthy in the eyes of others. Religion and jingoism are intrusions to a healthy sense of self too. I applaud these parents for blazing a different trail for their children.
They're on FB asking for donations. That's not exactly what I'd call living off the grid. I think they're just lazy slobs.
It appears they have been very busy screwing for the last 11 years. I assumed the parents were taking the high road when perhaps they are taking the path of least resistance. I'm waiting for Aussie's input. She knows everything about everybody.
(05-10-2015, 03:13 PM)sally Wrote: They're on FB asking for donations.

Jesus. That's messed up. I thought they were all about being self sufficient.
This is child neglect IMO...free range should only apply to chickens! I get living off the grid, but you need to be self sufficient, you don't start begging for money on FB..laziness is the problem here and maybe wanting a TV series.