WHAT ARE THE DEADLIEST JOBS IN AMERICA?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics from 2006 to 2013...

Some of the results are a little surprising and interesting.

[Image: 28D3D2BD00000578-3086431-image-a-76_1431964156544.jpg]

Interestingly, taxi drivers more often die from violent attacks than vehicle accidents, and police officers more often die in vehicle accidents than as a result of violence.

Looking at the data also reveals that, of the deaths among athletes, coaches and umpires, most were caused by vehicle incidents - more often than is the case for truck and tractor operators.

The "Business and financial operators" category includes shop owners, cashiers, and retail managers who face the risk of being killed during robberies or by disgruntled customers.

Back in the day I used to occasionally see Deadliest Catch, I think it was called, they fished in the Bering Sea and that looked pretty dangerous to me. Now that I think about it they were catching crab not fish.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Doctors should be on that list. When my catheter was pulled out it seems there was a big mushroomed calcium deposit at the end and it took 10 minutes of wiggling to get it out. I screamed when he told the nurse to help him pull while he wiggled it.
If I could have I would have Spock mind melded him and killed him instantly. I pictured piercing his eyes with the fork that was left behind from lunch. Afterwards I was hyper ventilating like a marathon runner and sweating like a scuba diver.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Oh Maggottyboo, that's awful :(

Get the Professor to kiss it & make it better.
It was bloody so that's not gonna happen anytime soon. I have never ever felt such pain. Cue the Mothers.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Freaking baby.
You'd think they'd give you pain meds before they do shit like that . When I had that scope put in my bladder that was pretty painful, I can't imagine having that done if I was a man. They'd have to knock me out first.

Simply reading about it made my thighs slam shut. It must have hurt so bad. I don't think I've felt the worst pain ever yet.
(05-18-2015, 05:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Back in the day I used to occasionally see Deadliest Catch, I think it was called, they fished in the Bering Sea and that looked pretty dangerous to me. Now that I think about it they were catching crab not fish.
They are still considered fishermen, and I still love that show. Mainly for the self destruction involved. Those guys make so much money in such a short ammount of time that there's always one of them headed to or coming out of rehab. Captain Eliot (or the douschebag of the Bering sea as he's known) is the latest victim.
(05-18-2015, 06:41 PM)Maggot Wrote: Doctors should be on that list. When my catheter was pulled out it seems there was a big mushroomed calcium deposit at the end and it took 10 minutes of wiggling to get it out. I screamed when he told the nurse to help him pull while he wiggled it.
If I could have I would have Spock mind melded him and killed him instantly. I pictured piercing his eyes with the fork that was left behind from lunch. Afterwards I was hyper ventilating like a marathon runner and sweating like a scuba diver.
Crying-into-tissue
(05-19-2015, 04:58 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I still love that show.

Given you know the show, you'll know who I mean. I watched it back when the man who is now dead was on there. He allowed his illness and death to be filmed. I can't remember his name but I think he had 1 or 2 sons who were on his boat too.
I would think that the military is the deadliest job in America. They average 1,500 deaths a year, lately.
(05-19-2015, 05:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 04:58 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I still love that show.

Given you know the show, you'll know who I mean. I watched it back when the man who is now dead was on there. He allowed his illness and death to be filmed. I can't remember his name but I think he had 1 or 2 sons who were on his boat too.
Phil Harris. His son Josh now runs the Cornilia Marie (in conjunction with a seasoned skipper). Jake hasn't been seen since the season after Phil's death when he was outted as a drug user. I don't think Phil knew he was allowing his death to be filmed. He had a blood clot that moved into his lungs on camera and eventually a stroke is what took his life.