Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FEAR

Would you say you have a healthy amount of fear or are you fearless? Are you a risk taker?

I used to be fearless & often didn't think twice about taking a risk but with age came wisdom. Now I tend to over think things and then the moment is gone.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-21-2015, 02:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Would you say you have a healthy amount of fear or are you fearless? Are you a risk taker?

I used to be fearless & often didn't think twice about taking a risk but with age came wisdom. Now I tend to over think things and then the moment is gone.

^^^^^^
That.

Also, now being full of wisdom, hah the amount of fear depends on the "percentage of risk" involved, the lower the risk percentage, the lower the fear taking that risk. Smiley_emoticons_wink
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I'm afraid to answer the question.

Not really.

I don't fear much and often take risks; usually calculated ones but sometimes stupid ones.
(06-21-2015, 02:41 PM)Carsman Wrote:

^^^^^^
That.

Also, now being full of wisdom, hah the amount of fear depends on the "percentage of risk" involved, the lower the risk percentage, the lower the fear taking that risk. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Yeah but if you have a risk/benefit analysis going on, shouldn't your benefit be shrinking as you get older? I mean by your age, you should be playing fast and loose with your life.
I poop my pants watching the Crime and Investigation, with such shows as Forensic Files and Snapped, bloody scary stuff.
I love Forensic Files and Snapped.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Me too.
I used to have a list of things I wanted to do:
Sky diving, parasaling, paragliding, bungee jumping, spelunking,

now, not so much.
(06-21-2015, 08:15 PM)Cutz Wrote:
(06-21-2015, 02:41 PM)Carsman Wrote:

^^^^^^
That.

Yeah but if you have a risk/benefit analysis going on, shouldn't your benefit be shrinking as you get older? I mean by your age, you should be playing fast and loose with your life.

When you acquire wisdom grasshopper, you will be able to answer your own question.

Not really afraid to do certain things, but being of an age I realize my physical limitations (didn't used to have those) So I calculate them into whatever adventure may come along.
Maybe thats the same thing Cars has goin on
(06-22-2015, 07:15 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Not really afraid to do certain things, but being of an age I realize my physical limitations (didn't used to have those) So I calculate them into whatever adventure may come along.
Maybe thats the same thing Cars has goin on

That's wisdom. Smiley_emoticons_wink

It's funny, before I met my wife, I never really gave a tinker's cuss about the value of my life. I figured life was for living and I did whatever the fuck I wanted and thought would be a bit of fun or an adrenaline rush, plenty of it reckless and stupid.

Then I had this thing for all these years where my kids were growing where I'd think about every goddamned thing that I did from a "what can happen" perspective.

My kids are all gone now, son moved out with his girl a few weeks ago. All the places I thought about going to that I turned away from for fear of not returning are coming back into play.
(06-22-2015, 01:23 AM)Love Child Wrote: I used to have a list of things I wanted to do:
Sky diving, parasaling, paragliding, bungee jumping, spelunking,

now, not so much.
skydiving is still on my list. I'm not much of a risk taker(and look at how badly it's fucked up my life and career) but especially now that my mom is gone(i was such a mama's boy) I want to try and take more risks and live a fuller...possibly shorter life.
I think risks are great! Living life is great! You gotta do it!
(06-23-2015, 07:54 PM)Love Child Wrote: I think risks are great! Living life is great! You gotta do it!
Woooooo! *strips naked and runs down the street* FUCK THE POLICE!
(06-23-2015, 07:57 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Woooooo! *strips naked and runs down the street* FUCK THE POLICE!

hah I would applaud you and we'd laugh & laugh.

So what kinds of things would you like to do that you perceive as risk taking? I think you take a risk when you do karaoke. I think Aussie takes a risk when she posts her videos in here. I have a warped view of sharing oneself, I think it's always a risk to put yourself out there for others to hurt.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Fear is my middle name.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-24-2015, 01:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 07:57 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Woooooo! *strips naked and runs down the street* FUCK THE POLICE!

So what kinds of things would you like to do that you perceive as risk taking? I think you take a risk when you do karaoke. I think Aussie takes a risk when she posts her videos in here. I have a warped view of sharing oneself, I think it's always a risk to put yourself out there for others to hurt.

yeh but when you are in that public forum and do it for a while you kind of go through the School of Hard Knocks. It doesn't matter, just do it, sort of attitude. I have had some horrible things said to me over the years, you toughen up. Keep going. They might be right, you might be shit and need to keep working on whatever you are doing.

The thing with putting yourself out there you also have to be mindful of privacy and that sort of thing, if you are really going to go right out there I don't just mean, members photos in Mock. In Clang's case the "look at me I have a penis and a wobbly butt" is all well and good as long as the police don't know where you live.
(06-24-2015, 10:56 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 01:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

yeh but when you are in that public forum and do it for a while you kind of go through the School of Hard Knocks. It doesn't matter, just do it, sort of attitude. I have had some horrible things said to me over the years, you toughen up. Keep going. They might be right, you might be shit and need to keep working on whatever you are doing.

The thing with putting yourself out there you also have to be mindful of privacy and that sort of thing, if you are really going to go right out there I don't just mean, members photos in Mock. In Clang's case the "look at me I have a penis and a wobbly butt" is all well and good as long as the police don't know where you live.
the police station in my hometown of Hoosick Falls(google it, bitches) is right down the street from my(dad's) house. Still I say Fuck da police! Wooooo! RISK!!!
^but them again, some people will do ANYTHING to get on TV. Clang, you are the Kim Kardashian of Mock.