Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Battle: Road House vs. Point Break
2 great guy films (that just happen to both have Patrick Swayze in them.)

Which is better?

Road House: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098206/
[Image: Road%20House.jpg]
Quote:Dalton is an expert "cooler" -- a barroom bouncer who can break up fights without getting himself killed in the process. Frank Tilghman, the owner of the Double Deuce in Jasper, Missouri, has hired Dalton away from a bar in New York City, because Tilghman needs someone who can handle the nightly outbreaks of violence at the Double Deuce, and teach the rest of the Double Deuce's bouncers how to handle it. There's even a cage protecting the bar's band from the customers. The band is led by Dalton's old friend Cody, who is blind. Dalton is injured on his first night on the job and is treated by Elizabeth "Doc" Clay, the local doctor. Dalton and Doc soon fall in love with each other, and this angers Brad Wesley, a crime boss that Doc was once involved with -- and may still be involved with. Wesley is also responsible for a lot of the violence at the Double Deuce, and for some time, Wesley has had the sheriff in his pocket, giving him complete control of the town of Jasper. Wesley is out to get rid of Dalton, who has already made some friends in Jasper -- Dalton has rented a room from a man named Emmet, and has befriended local auto parts store owner Red Webster, and has also befriended Pete Stroudenmire, the owner of Stroudenmire Ford, a local car dealership. Wesley wants money from these people and is responsible for much mayhem.
vs

Point Break: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102685/
[Image: bluray-point-break.jpg]
Quote:Johnny Utah (Reeves) is a Special Agent for the FBI. Utah gets partnered with Angelo Pappas (Gary Busey) an experienced agent who is more than committed to his work. The two are asked to investigate the number of robberies committed by a group called the Ex-Presidents, who wears masks of Presidents Reagen, Nixon, Carter and Johnson for their robberies. Pappas has a theory that the Ex-Presidents are a group of surfers, and asks for Utah to go undercover as a surfer. The problem is, Utah couldn't surf to save his life. That plus the two continuously being hassled by unpleasant and rough Agent Harp (McGinley). With the help of Tyler (Petty) a competent female surfer, Utah begins to gain the respect of local surfer Bodhi (Swayze) and his group. Utah forms a close bond with Bodhi, but the relationship between Utah and Bodhi becomes limited when Utah suspects that Bodhi and his group are the Ex-Presidents

Two totally different kinds of films.

Its like asking which is better apples or oranges?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Totally different how? Both are cheesy 90's action flicks with character driven leads. One takes place in a bar and the other on the beach. Both have side plots, chases crashes, shooting and action.

Why can't you just simple give an answer to which you like better and why? Is it that hard for you?
Point break is nowhere near as cheesy and derivative as Roadhouse.

Kathryn Bigelow is a far better director than Rowdy Herrington.

Roadhouse is a bog standard action flick, at least Point Break has some style, spectacle and tight editing.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
There you go. good answer. I like Point Break better also. I actually think it is one of Swayze's best roles, if not his best overall. But it is hard to not watch Road House every time it is on.
Roadhouse is a good old fashioned violent fist fighting action film.

Have you ever seen Red Dawn?, now that really was an unbelievable piece of shit.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Roadhouse is a good old fashioned violent fist fighting action film.

Have you ever seen Red Dawn?, now that really was an unbelievable piece of shit.

of course - from 1884. and what a cast that movie had in it with:

Patrick Swayze ..
C. Thomas Howell .
Lea Thompson ..
Charlie Sheen ..
Darren Dalton
Jennifer Grey
Brad Savage
Doug Toby
Ben Johnson
Harry Dean Stanton
should have been a great movie but in the end it was just average for the times IMO.
hated both of them
Roadhouse is 1,000 times better than Point Break. Cool fight scenes, some memorable lines, and you get to see Swayze's naked ass. What more could a girl want?

When a man sticks a gun in your face, you've got two choices; you can die, or you can kill the motherfucker.
~
Wade Garrett
[user=47]Liquid[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Roadhouse is a good old fashioned violent fist fighting action film.

of course - from 1884. and what a cast that movie had in it with:

Patrick Swayze ..
C. Thomas Howell .
Lea Thompson ..
Charlie Sheen ..
Darren Dalton
Jennifer Grey
Brad Savage
Doug Toby
Ben Johnson
Harry Dean Stanton
should have been a great movie but in the end it was just average for the times IMO.

Its a ludicrously stupid film.
[user=7]Sinister[/user] wrote:
Quote:Roadhouse is 1,000 times better than Point Break

You are entitled to your opinion even though its clearly wrong.
Roadhouse appeals more to the lowest common denominator audience demographic, i.e - you.
It has more violence and swearing than Point Break but that doesn't make it a better film.
Point Break is better than Roadhouse because of the following.

Better plot, better script, better photography, better editing, better acting performances, better action sequences.
The scene where keanu reeves chases one of the bank robbers on foot through yards and gardens is better than a thousand roadhouses.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:Point Break is better than Roadhouse
As you are entitled to your own clearly wrong opinion.

Road House. For it's sheer guilty pleasure watching.

I could never get past, "I am an F. B. I. AGENT!!
(PointBreak)

Roadhouse.
so LMPP you are voting for point break then I guess?
Point break. Road house was sickenly cheesy.
I am voting for Ghost.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:I am voting for Ghost.
what a silly ranseyCUNT. Ghost is not one of the choices in this thread. You are infinitely mockable
Liquid Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:I am voting for Ghost.
what a silly ranseyCUNT. Ghost is not one of the choices in this thread. You are infinitely mockable
I don't care. I like Ghost so there.::fu::
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies