Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do you pay for news or media?
I have often seen the New York times quoted or used at Mock, but I only get so many free articles a month. Does anyone here pay for the New York times or any other media or news source?
I used to pay for the NYT and the Washington Post and I briefly considered a subscription to the WSJ but I stopped considering them legit news now that they're stuck up trump's ass.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The Blaze and crtv.
I don't pay for any of my news or media. I can watch the news online. Or read it. Lightbox is free for me but I don't use it cas I don't watch TV. I just stick to meme's and talking crap on FB. Smiley_emoticons_smile
Bojack Horseman has a pony cock 
(10-09-2018, 11:57 PM)Love Child Wrote: I have often seen the New York times quoted or used at Mock, but I only get so many free articles a month. Does anyone here pay for the New York times or any other media or news source?

I subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post and LA Times intermittently.

I try not to post links to subscription sites because it's so frustrating to open one and be blocked, but sometimes the stories are exclusives and not recapped elsewhere.

For crime stories, the Daily Mail is actually my favorite site and it's free.  While the DM articles sometimes jump the gun and have a lot of typos and repetitive text, they cover the crimes in depth with a lot of photos and interviews (and there are almost always links to the more traditional local news sites from which they've compiled their articles.)

DM's not bad for political news as well.  They post content 247 it seems, so they're always quick to cover major news and update ongoing stories.
Awesome. Thank you.
Now that I think about it yes I do pay for news. I subscribe to the local paper here and Sunday edition. I like paper vs. computer news just like I like a real book vs. an e-book. I think the subscription is about 5-6 bucks a week. So I guess paying for an on-line rag isn't so bad as long as its only a buck or two.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.