MINIMUM WAGE
How do some people live on $7.25 an hour? I'm not a big spender, I don't live lavishly and I don't think I could do it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-26-2021, 02:43 PM)Duchess Wrote: How do some people live on $7.25 an hour? I'm not a big spender, I don't live lavishly and I don't think I could do it.
I couldn't do it either. I imagine it's doable if you have a positive attitude, a strong spirit, and a strong will to live. My brother Larry lived in his car for a few years in North Carolina subsisting on eggplant and Wendy's cheeseburgers most days.
I lived off of 4.25 per hour and my husband made 6 per hour, we managed it just like everyone else. People flipping burgers or applying for jobs that they have no experience for start out at the bottom of the chain, not the top. And thats the way it should be. After they've been there for a few months then they should get a mandatory raise.
(01-26-2021, 02:43 PM)Duchess Wrote: How do some people live on $7.25 an hour? I'm not a big spender, I don't live lavishly and I don't think I could do it.

So Min Wage varies by state, witch is a major factor in equalizing the min wage. Most states with higher min wage definitely costs more to live in then in states with lower min wage. So it sort of equalizes out.

Where $7.25 an hour in say NC, is tantamount to say $13 an hour in CA. Both are difficult to live on!

[Image: 1b3c5b182b05d0d8ebc2fdb8a9a084d7.png]
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I hope Biden and his team make the minimum wage 25.00 per hr and turns the 40hr work week into 32 hr. paid sick days for the first year of at least 30 days and free medical care provided by the small business. Only then will we have equality to match what rich people get. That would just be the beginning. This is a good thing.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

They don't.   When was the last time you settled for minimum wage?    I was 16, and decided it sucked.   I then worked my ass off,  to get a job that paid for my lifestyle.   
Do you think that the next generation should be handed a pass?
I've never worked for minimum wage.

I'm not looking for people to get a pass, you stupid cunt.
It's unfortunate I like to use that word on you.

Years ago in Mock I commented that I didn't think I had ever met a cunt yet & someone responded by saying that I sure as hell would know if I did. They were right!
What about the people that have no clue about the job they are about to do. The ones that are just starting out and you have to show them how to hold a hammer? This will work out fine just fine.  Smiley_emoticons_razz
You must have had a house with no mirrors.
(01-27-2021, 05:21 PM)BigMark Wrote: You must have had a house with no mirrors.

Yes.......How did you know? I don't mind paying that, i just tack it on the other end and charge the customer. No big deal.
We had this guy that my husband hired as a laborer and he worked for three days and never showed up again. No problem, but months later our workers comp got a letter from his lawyer that he stepped on a nail on the roof and his foot got infected. Total lie, but we have a $2000 deductible on the workers comp once a claim is made with a lawyer. It never went anywhere, but we had to pay the extra two thousand to our workers comp plus his paycheck for being nothing but a fucking pain in the ass. Thanks pal, wish we could have paid you more.
(01-27-2021, 12:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: I've never worked for minimum wage.

I'm not looking for people to get a pass, you stupid cunt.

Ok, so what are you looking for?
Good question. Maybe some understanding, some empathy for those who put in an honest day's work and then go on to a second job because one job isn't enough to be able to participate in the American dream. Not everyone has opportunities that others do.
I started out making a dollar a day at the local pet store, was about 8 at the time. Then $6 an hour hauling 12' x 58 sheets of drywall up fire escapes. Working like a dog will motivate you to find something better. You're either really slow and or unmotivated not to get something better.
You had opportunities, many don't, they aren't in the position to have them.
How do you figure?
Yeah, how the hell did you come up with that from what he said?
(01-28-2021, 06:49 PM)Duchess Wrote: You had opportunities, many don't, they aren't in the position to have them.
Well they need to get off their butts and out of the lazy position then! *smacks past Clang upside the head*
I would tend to think Sally & I are people that worked our asses off to get where we are. I'm talking like a ups driver hard work, but when all the packages are delivered you still got the stress. Then the government sticks it up your ass and only clang and rootilda ask for more.