Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthy organic kitchens
Do you have any pictures to post for inspiration? Probably fucking not, but at least I'm making conversation. It doesn't even have to be earthy, just post a picture of your ideal kitchen.
For your new house?
I am going to look up "Cottage Core" kitchen.

Many of the kitchens where I live would probably fall under that topic. They are more farmhouse tho than anything.

One thing that is important to me is windows. I love having windows at the sink where I am washing the dishes. I just looked up "cottage core kitchens" and they seem small and cluttered.

Now I have to think of what my ideal kitchen is. I've had some great conversations in kitchens. I think having stools to sit on is important. I am not sure if I like the idea of a separate dining room, it can be separated by a counter, but a whole room for the dining room only...it isn't my thing. I guess if I didn't want guests to see my kitchen then it would be nice.

Why can't I think of what my ideal kitchen would look like? Also I like kitchens that attach to a patio-where bbqing and entertaining take place.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
What the fuck is the problem now. Jesus Christ. 
[Image: farmhouse-kitchen-cabinet-ideas-by-color.jpg]
[Image: Modern-Farmhouse-Kitchen-Open-Shelving-C...421314.jpg]
[Image: Modern-Farmhouse-Kitchen-Wood-Beams-Amer...991993.jpg]
Nice. I like those.

Those are pretty. I decided to do open shelves on each side of the hood. I realize they'll need to be cleaned regularly, but that's worth it to me. I'm probably going to do white oak cabinets with a natural finish, but I'm going to be brave and do dark olive green cabinets with gold hardware in the butlers pantry.
(05-14-2023, 11:56 AM)sally Wrote:  I realize they'll need to be cleaned regularly, but that's worth it to me. 

That's exactly how I would view it too.

I like the very first picture the best (aside from the chairs). I have been on a black & white kick for a few years now and it's not getting old to me. I have zero interest in color.
I don't like much color either, I like earthy and neutral. I want the butlers pantry to be different though, I'm going for a moody look. I've looked at a ton of kitchens with dark green cabinets and I'd have to say it's very pretty, not 1960s avocado green. The cabinet s in the first picture almost look like they're a black green.
(05-13-2023, 11:12 PM)BigMark Wrote: For your new house?

Yes, it's getting to the fun part where I need to start picking out what I want for the interior.
(05-14-2023, 12:30 PM)sally Wrote: I don't like much color either, I like earthy and neutral. I want the butlers pantry to be different though, I'm going for a moody look. I've looked at a ton of kitchens with dark green cabinets and I'd have to say it's very pretty, not 1960s avocado green. The cabinet s in the first picture almost look like they're a black green.

I read on an Heirloom Traditions paint site and I've seen some gorgeous green kitchens. Some women are so clever with their color and I think it looks great, it's just not for me.
I know this is not practical for indoor but I love Blue Stone.

[Image: Bluestone+Patio]
I like that. I have two separate areas of outdoor space, one is the sitting area with a fireplace and the other is an outdoor kitchen. I haven't even thought about what I m going to do for the flooring. And it''s a huge space, bigger than the whole bottom floor almost. And I have to figure out what's going around the pool too.
FunFunFun! So much fun!
It would be more fun if I had an extra million dollars hanging around. We're going to have to do the inside a little at a time.
only fans.