Sooo many mice
Too many to count
they are just running up my leg
and in and out of the walls
sooo many mice
running around

If people live in the mountains why can't they handle a little critter? They fucking live up here and are freaked out by a sound in the middle of the night.

I say the same thing about people who live in a rural area and want to kill everything that comes in their yard--snakes, deer, snappers, etc. Those fuckers really piss me off.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-27-2023, 02:12 AM)MirahM Wrote: If people live in the mountains why can't they handle a little critter? 

I was just reading about a woman in Maine who found a baby raccoon and took it to Petco to get its nails trimmed. She was letting people pet & kiss it. Management called the cops who took the baby coon and euthanized it because that's the only way to find out if it's rabid. Some people are so dumb about nature!
(05-27-2023, 02:12 AM)MirahM Wrote: If people live in the mountains why can't they handle a little critter? 

When I lived in Flagstaff, the only time mice caused me concern was during the hantavirus outbreak.
I spent a night in Flagstaff, in a hotel with the family on the way from Phoenix to Vegas. America is wonderful.
You couldn't drive five and a half hours to do a straight shot?
(05-27-2023, 01:59 AM)MirahM Wrote: Too many to count
sooo many mice
running around.

Mice are way cuter than rats, but still. How the hell are you sleeping and eating in there? They have no control so they piss and shit on every surface they crawl over and they can carry disease such as hantavirus. I'd ask them if they could give me a different place that isn't infested with mice, but if you like them than have at it.
I shot a big rat in our first house, it flopped around like a fish out of water throwing blood everywhere, freaked me out so bad had to get my nephew to dispose of it.
(05-28-2023, 11:21 AM)sally Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 01:59 AM)MirahM Wrote: Too many to count
sooo many mice
running around.

Mice are way cuter than rats, but still. How the hell are you sleeping and eating in there? They have no control so they piss and shit on every surface they crawl over and they can carry disease such as hantavirus. I'd ask them if they could give me a different place that isn't infested with mice, but if you like them than have at it.

I was in my typical Friday night hyper mood and was exagerating. I got rid of the mice in my work location and they went to the person next door, then they started using poisions-where apparently the mice seek water after eating it and then they go and die. And I told the guy that you don't know that they aren't going into the walls to die-so now I am dealing w/ a dead mouse smell in my car, and then new evidence of a live mouse in the car.

It didn't dawn on me to also set a trap in my car, but I'm going to do that when I get back.

At home I keep all of my food in containers and do not leave stuff out on the counter.

Is that guy someone who cares about wildlife? After being poisoned mice can find their way back outdoors only to be eaten by an owl, for example, who then gets sick from the poison too.
I don't know. He knows my feelings about it, AND now he is getting live traps-BUT still putting sticky paper in them. WTF. I don't understand people.

I used a variety of traps. Ugh.so gross, one didn't die from a snap trap, it was fucking awful. so then someone lent me thier bucket trap-the kind that has a spinning can in the center w/ peanut butter.

I feel like I cant' get the smell out of my nose. I know what you mean Mark, it is not fun.

(05-28-2023, 03:28 PM)MirahM Wrote:  I cant' get the smell out of my nose. 

I've had smells get stuck in my nose like that! Ugh. Sorry, doll.
Have sally send some cats your way.
I have a shit load of cats. There is a beautiful gray tom cat with testicles like golf balls that hangs around here. He just walks by and looks at my stupid dogs like fuck you, come get me motherfucker, I dare ya.
Swinging to and fro., walking like a cholo.
I should have never made this thread
mocking the mice
mocking the one that got afraid
because she heard sounds in her closet
but earlier that day she boasted, "I don't mind bugs"
apparently she doesn't like mice
AND NEITHER DO I!
I stared into the eyes of a mouse before it ran under my bed last night
3 traps were set
and I slept on the couch
my body hurts

It is so wierd they have been spotted in the bedrooms but so far have stayed out of the kitchen-they don't like coffee and garlic and we've got lots of that.

omfg

Whoever owns the place needs to close up all the holes they're getting in through or you'll never get rid of them.
Some have been closed, apparently more need to be.

I ordered more traps for work-and they are the glue trap kind. Ugh. I can't handle that, but I will use them anyway. I think this will be ongoing. Invest in mouse trap companies!

Check your engine for nests.