Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MISSING SUB
I know most of you, if not all, have heard about the missing submarine by now. I just sorta half assed listened to an update as I was puttering around and the bottom line is they have no clue where the sub is even after searching all this time. It lost contact on Sunday morning after less than 2 hours into its dive.

The sub is called Titan & is the size of a minivan. It offers voyages to explore the remains of the Titanic which lies nearly 2.5 miles down on the ocean floor. 

Why isn't there some kind of tracking on that submarine? We can track our pets if we wanted, but they can't track something like this? C'mon.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The only thing missing is your dom.
I don't have a dom, I am the DOM.
Dim DOM was your stage name!
I haven’t heard anything about it. I thought someone stole your sub, as in steak and cheese.
I haven't heard about a missing sub either. But if you ever needed a sub I hope you would choose me.

(06-20-2023, 08:04 PM)sally Wrote:  I thought someone stole your sub, as in steak and cheese.

Do you have a favorite? Cheese steaks are top dog around here.
(06-20-2023, 08:52 PM)MirahM Wrote:  But if you ever needed a sub I hope you would choose me.

It would be a perfect fit. Sub--DOM.
(06-20-2023, 03:21 PM)Duchess Wrote: I don't have a dom, I am the DOM.

hah
Awink
[Image: FzPYhvzXwAUqZxB?format=jpg&name=medium]
(06-21-2023, 05:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 08:04 PM)sally Wrote:  I thought someone stole your sub, as in steak and cheese.

Do you have a favorite? Cheese steaks are top dog around here.

I think if I had to pick a favorite sub then cheese steak would be it. My son has been following the actual missing submarine story and I’m pretty sure they’re dead at this point.
(06-22-2023, 04:54 PM)sally Wrote:  My son has been following the actual missing submarine story and I’m pretty sure they’re dead at this point.

Yeah, a debris field has been found and a couple of pieces have been identified as belonging to the sub. All souls onboard are presumed dead. They think there was a catastrophic implosion. 
Having too much money can be dangerous to you health! Ticket cost $250,000
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I read that the young Indian guy who was onboard with his father was terrified to do this, but he did it for his Dad because it was Father's Day.
Ahhhhh that is awful. Terrible.

It has been said the rescue efforts for the missing Titan sub has cost millions, but it is 
unlikely OceanGate and or it’s wealthy customers will not be expected to foot the bill.

Do you agree they should not be held responsible? 
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Ugh. I am sure a waiver is signed-but did the company follow any safety protocols? Was it required? I thought I heard others wouldn't touch this area-or something about the coast guard not even going in the area.
I mean the people made decisions-but were they tricked or mislead in any way?

(06-23-2023, 08:43 PM)Carsman Wrote: It has been said the rescue efforts for the missing Titan sub has cost millions, but it is 
unlikely OceanGate and or it’s wealthy customers will not be expected to foot the bill.

Do you agree they should not be held responsible? 

I saw that said too and that it would be the Coast Guard picking up the majority of the cost. A reporter asked nearly the same question and was told that money is allotted for this type of thing in the yearly budget.

No, I don't agree Ocean Gate shouldn't be held responsible. Their sub, their venture, their fuck up. Pay up.
(06-23-2023, 02:17 PM)MirahM Wrote: Ahhhhh that is awful. Terrible.

That was my reaction too.

I was listening to some people talk about this yesterday and they said it was likely those men had some warning before the implosion and had tried to resurface, but it was much too late at that point. The implosion was such that it blew the hull into itty bitty pieces.

I'm not so sure that the waiver they all signed is worth the paper it's written on, but I'm not a lawyer either.