Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a fucking idiot....
Tongue 
Anyone here ever get scammed out of their credit/debit card information? 

I entered and won what I thought was a real contest for Lion King tickets. Should have realized sooner no legitimate contest would ask you for your credit/debit card information to charge it for $1 for a trial registration. Well after talking with my bank's fraud department, disputing the $50 worth of attempted charges, a deactivated bank card, I only need to wait up to 3 business days(I hope) for my new card to arrive.
(07-24-2023, 09:30 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Anyone here ever get scammed out of their credit/debit card information? 

I entered and won what I thought was a real contest for Lion King tickets. Should have realized sooner no legitimate contest would ask you for your credit/debit card information to charge it for $1 for a trial registration. Well after talking with my bank's fraud department, disputing the $50 worth of attempted charges, a deactivated bank card, I only need to wait up to 3 business days(I hope) for my new card to arrive.

Oh Clangster, you did it again. You can never let your guard down as you always have to be aware of scammers out there! At least you wised up before they got you for more than $50. Live and learn. 
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(07-24-2023, 09:30 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Anyone here ever get scammed out of their credit/debit card information? 

All that for Lion King tickets? hah

Be more careful!
I'm sorry that happened. Sounds like you had a quick resolution with your bank tho and glad you realized it quickly. Scams happen so easily, it is unfortunate.

Yup, for a vin search.
(07-24-2023, 11:02 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 09:30 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Anyone here ever get scammed out of their credit/debit card information? 

Oh Clangster, you did it again. You can never let your guard down as you always have to be aware of scammers out there! At least you wised up before they got you for more than $50. Live and learn. 
I didn't wise up. Bank's fraud department wised up and realized I didn't buy something called DeLange for $40 bucks down in Florida. Or a couple $3 charges for Hubspace.
(07-24-2023, 11:04 PM)rothschild Wrote:

All that for Lion King tickets?  hah

Be more careful!

I know. I didn't even want to go. I did it because I like free stuff and my brother Ed wanted to go. The only good Lion King version is the 1994 animated version.
(07-24-2023, 11:28 PM)MirahM Wrote: I'm sorry that happened. Sounds like you had a quick resolution with your bank tho and glad you realized it quickly. Scams happen so easily, it is unfortunate.

Not quick enough. It's going to be a long 3 days. I really hope something doesn't happen with my mail and I don't get it by Thursday or Friday.
They should overnight that to you!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-25-2023, 06:35 AM)Duchess Wrote: They should overnight that to you!

They should. I didn't even think of that. Luckily I don't think I'll need my card until this weekend. I don't carry alot of cash. I use my credit/debit card for everything. I pay all my bills online and they are all connected to my credit/debit card.
Most of the small shops here only accept cash, a real pia and the reason the government is poor.
I'd be so screwed.
Some places here only accept card.

This week my work internet is down and I am cash only.

Clang, can you survive a couple of days w/out your card? Can you physically go to the bank to get cash?

(07-25-2023, 01:35 PM)MirahM Wrote: Clang, can you survive a couple of days w/out your card? Can you physically go to the bank to get cash?

Yes and yes. I lost my bank card a few years ago and didn't get a new one for 3 weeks because I was having trouble receiving mail and it was Christmas holiday season. I had to go to the bank and fill out a withdrawal slip.  I should be fine as long as I get my new card by Saturday. I have $16 dollars in my wallet to buy food at a concert I want to go to on Thursday.
Some places have a machines that are vending machines so the employee doesn't handle money.
FUnny we are talking about cash since I have no way of getting cash where I am.

I usually keep a stash on me, but failed to re-supply before coming up and was just thinking of giving someone my debit card and PIN to get some cash for me! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin OMG Then i would be making a thread!

Years ago,  my PayPal got hacked.   At the time,  it was connected to my bank account,  and my bank account was drained to the tune of around 10,000.00 dollars.  It took me 3 months to get it back.   After that,  I stopped using PayPal and other services like that.  Somewhere after Colorado deregulated psychedelic shrooms,  I tried to purchase mycrosillium pills through the mail, and was scammed out of 300 bucks through a green dot card.   

You are not stupid or an idiot. 
You were providing information in good faith. 

People suck!
(07-26-2023, 09:10 AM)cannongal Wrote: Years ago,  my PayPal got hacked.   At the time,  it was connected to my bank account,  and my bank account was drained to the tune of around 10,000.00 dollars.  It took me 3 months to get it back.   After that,  I stopped using PayPal and other services like that.  Somewhere after Colorado deregulated psychedelic shrooms,  I tried to purchase mycrosillium pills through the mail, and was scammed out of 300 bucks through a green dot card.   

People suck!

No, I'm an idiot. I should have realized a legitimate contest would not ask for credit/debit card information to claim free Lion King tickets.
(07-26-2023, 10:21 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 09:10 AM)cannongal Wrote: Years ago,  my PayPal got hacked.   At the time,  it was connected to my bank account,  and my bank account was drained to the tune of around 10,000.00 dollars.  It took me 3 months to get it back.   After that,  I stopped using PayPal and other services like that.  Somewhere after Colorado deregulated psychedelic shrooms,  I tried to purchase mycrosillium pills through the mail, and was scammed out of 300 bucks through a green dot card.   

People suck!

No, I'm an idiot. I should have realized a legitimate contest would not ask for credit/debit card information to claim free Lion King tickets.

You and millions of other people that get scammed every day.