It is 4:30
It is 4:30 AM.
Should I stay awake?
Get up and bake some cookies? 
Do some laundry?
Make a fire?

hah I was going  to say 'no, it's 7:30',  but then I remember that you live on the other side of the country. 

Bakee cookies,   I need a couple of dozen oatmeal raisin cookies for  the dungeons and dragons game tonight.
OMG Oatmeal raisin sounds kind of tasty. I have oatmeal! And sort of raisins....I have to look at if I have any fresh ones.

Definitely going to start with a fire first tho. It is a balmy 30 degrees, dipped down to 21 sometime in the night and will get up to 44. It will be sunny all weekend. WHY AM I NOT POSTING THIS IN THE WEATHER THREAD? BECAUSE IT IS TOO EARLY! AAAAAHHHHH

Well now the cat of the house has decided it wants to sit on the bed with me. I can't go anywhere now.

It is really just here because he wants to direct me to his food bowl.

Feed the cat
Make the fire
Make the cookies 

But mebbe make 3 dz, my son said an extra person was going to be here this week.
Allright. Will do.

Can we have hot chocolate too?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't see why not.  She'll even grind the cocoa beans fresh, and milk a cow, or maybe a goat, which ever is handy.
LOL
Fuck that.
I have soo much powdered chocolate and chocolate to melt and caco powder. But no whip cream.

I have tons of cocoa powder,  too, some of which is going to be turned into brownies in a bit.

I was supposed to be making cookies,  but my brown sugar disappeared,  container and all.  Imagine opening the cabinet and seeing an empty space where the brown sugar should be.  

One of these days, I'm going to take all my keys back from the fucking kids so maybe they'll start shopping in the goddam grocery store.
I finally made sure I have brown sugar again. Mine always seems to harden before I get to use all of it. One of the recipes I looked up for oatmeal cookies uses molasses. I def don't have that here that I know of. Do you think I should try adding some syrup?
If I make these tonight (didn't do it this morning) I think it may be the first time making oatmeal cookies.

I've made oatmeal cocoa balls, omg there is that one cookie, a no bake cookie w/ oatmeal and coco powder....and peaunt butter maybe? Those are sooo good!

Its not even 7 PM. I've made a fire, fed the cat, fed myself, took the garbage to the compactor (its 2 miles away) I was ready to lay down and go to sleep.

People are coming over to help replenish my wood pile and I have a friend visiting tomorrow, so I am preparing for that.

You have to walk two miles to take the garbage out?
No I drove

It's 640 on a Saturday
I'm getting up
It's so cold

Not to rub it in but, it`s a warm 80 degrees here right now at 9:45am
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(10-27-2023, 09:52 PM)MirahM Wrote: I've made oatmeal cocoa balls, omg there is that one cookie, a no bake cookie w/ oatmeal and coco powder....and peaunt butter maybe? Those are sooo good!

Now I have to Google no bake oat balls to find a recipe.
No bake cookies are awesome. There is no way to fuck those puppies up, they come out delicious every time.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-27-2023, 09:52 PM)MirahM Wrote: I finally made sure I have brown sugar again. Mine always seems to harden before I get to use all of it. One of the recipes I looked up for oatmeal cookies uses molasses. I def don't have that here that I know of. Do you think I should try adding some syrup?
If I make these tonight (didn't do it this morning) I think it may be the first time making oatmeal cookies.

I've made oatmeal cocoa balls, omg there is that one cookie, a no bake cookie w/ oatmeal and coco powder....and peaunt butter maybe? Those are sooo good!

Its not even 7 PM. I've made a fire, fed the cat, fed myself, took the garbage to the compactor (its 2 miles away) I was ready to lay down and go to sleep.

People are coming over to help replenish my wood pile and I have a friend visiting tomorrow, so I am preparing for that.

You can soften brown sugar in the microwave.
(10-28-2023, 03:57 PM)Duchess Wrote: No bake cookies are awesome. There is no way to fuck those puppies up, they come out delicious every time.

So, I fucked up my muffins. Recipe called for 325, I was thinking of a recipe I did earlier in the week that was 350.
I had crispy edges and gooey centers. People still ate them.