Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oils
What are your favorite oils for cooking?

I recently got some coconut oil and it has gone from a solid to a liquid. Is it still okay to use?  I was going to ask Sally, but she will charge me $2 and I don't want to pay for something I can just look up anyway.

I like avacado oil.

Recently I've been going through a lot of butter tho, been using it in the pan almost every time and then I have none for baking, so I think I should go back to oil for cooking.

*Apparently it is fine that the coconut oil turned to liquid.

I think Avocado oil is better for higher temps. I use butter or olive oil and sometimes both at the same time. Trying to find someone to trade oil for raw honey.
(02-01-2024, 12:00 AM)MirahM Wrote: What are your favorite oils for cooking?

I recently got some coconut oil and it has gone from a solid to a liquid. Is it still okay to use?  I was going to ask Sally, but she will charge me $2 and I don't want to pay for something I can just look up anyway.

I like avacado oil.

Recently I've been going through a lot of butter tho, been using it in the pan almost every time and then I have none for baking, so I think I should go back to oil for cooking.

No, no it's not.  Who told you that?  Any oil in your cabinet that has gone from a solid to a liquid is compromised.

I like avacado oil.

Coconut oil is a white solid fat below 77 degrees, and a clear liquid oil in warmer climates. Both conditions are safe.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I use vegetable or olive oil the rare times I do cook.
(02-01-2024, 12:46 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I use vegetable or olive oil the rare times I do cook.

Me too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-01-2024, 11:39 AM)Carsman Wrote:

I like avacado oil.

Coconut oil is a white solid fat below 77 degrees, and a clear liquid oil in warmer climates. Both conditions are safe.

Even if they go back and forth between solid and liquid??????

I ask because I was told differently.
If it still smells like coconut, it’s fine, if it oxidises and smells like ass, not so fine..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
She had a brown ass like two coconuts and it drove me nuts.
I've been craving something nutty lately.

(02-01-2024, 06:54 PM)MirahM Wrote: I've been craving something nutty lately.

Me too. *slurp*

(Just kidding, BigMark)
Why does oil or butter go so quickly on the cast iron pan?

(02-27-2024, 07:57 PM)MirahM Wrote: Why does oil or butter go so quickly on the cast iron pan?

Not sure I'm understanding what you're asking, girl.
Evaporates.
I put oil or butter in the pan to cook something and I'm adding oil again and again. It seems like a lot, or maybe I have the pan too hot?

The stove has "Simmer burner" and "Turbo Boil"
its propane

Turbo Boi was my stage name!
I wouldn't be so quick to own that, if you know what I mean.  
Just reminded me of some turbo truffles I used to eat back when I was in college. I would get them from the gas station. And I remember one time I went in and they no longer had them up on the counter but the owner had them below the counter and sold them to me. I thought that was strange lol

I would eat so many of them whenever I was doing an all nighter to work on a paper. My 2nd year I got smart and learned how to do my work ahead of time so I wouldn't pull any all nighters. If my paper wasn't done by midnight I wasn't staying up to finish it.

With age comes wisdom.   Awink
And now I'm just a wise ass.