Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Mr. Incivility
What's it like living on a ship? Ever have a cabin mate into baloot? That's gotta stink.
Why would any American Navy sailor be into Baalut? Where on earth would they get it? It's hard enough to find in the Philippines!
Fuck if I know. I work with a guy that was in the Navy that had a shipmate with a hidden stash and no one could figure out what the stench was. Why would it be so rare now? It's not like chickens have become extinct.

By the way, I checked the spelling before posting that, really I did.

Balut
(Phillipines)

(This is also spelled Baloot, Baalut, Baluge, or Balute.) Half-hatched chicken egg. A baluge is a fifteen- or sixteen-day fertilized chicken egg. Open an egg and pop a sixteen-day-old incomplete chicken fetus into your mouth, complete with partially formed feathers, feet, eyeballs, and blood vessels showing through the translucent skin of the chick. My grandfather told me about this. He says the bad part is picking the feathers out of your teeth

Fuckin' Aye...That sounds just awful...Putting a fetus in my mouth ain't never gonna happen...Must be an acquired taste.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That was one fucked up nasty sailor then, poops!

There are several ways to spell this repugnant treat. I don't know where this guy got his stash from but it's not as easy to 'make' as your definition sounds. There's some process to it. I can't find where I read it but I did a long while ago.

Even in the Philippines you can't just go to the market to buy them. I read you got to find a 'market' merchant which usually constitutes of some old woman sitting in a doorway on some street.

At least that's what I read. Maybe it was part of a story or something but none the less that is one foul and disgusting 'delicacy' and I see no reason for anyone to eat it.

Even if I were starving, I'd find something - ANYTHING else to eat! Shit, they're eating mud in Haiti.... even THAT sounds better than baalut!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut

OK the link verifies the street vendor bits. Photos are there so consider the weak of stomach forewarned.

I'm officially disgusted now.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:I'm officially disgusted now.
Hey you started this topic! ::blink::
No photos. NO PHOTOS!

It's right up there with eating a placenta. Or possibly smearing poo all over your sex partner. So many repulsions, so little time.
*****REVOLTING WARNING!!!*****

[user=35]LittleMissPoopyPants[/user] wrote:
Quote:No photos. NO PHOTOS!

It's right up there with eating a placenta. Or possibly smearing poo all over your sex partner. So many repulsions, so little time.

Does this surprise you? In today's society??

There is a new "drug" I read about somewhere that people (kids, mostly, IIRC) are saving their shit and urine in a bottle, covering the top of the bottle with a balloon, and when the balloon inflates, they inhale the gas. ::blink::
Er... wouldn't that be methane?