Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music To My Ears...
Someone asked me recently what kind of music I liked to listen to and I admitted I have only ever listened to one kind...Rock & Roll...Only now its called classic rock...Led Zeppelin, The Stones, Pink Floyd, etc...What's in your sound system ?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm the same with rock n roll. Same stuff just mostly Who and Ramones kind of stuff.

I also have quite an eclectic collection of stuff just for the fun of it and oddly enough I enjoy some bluegrass music..... but none of that country shit. Goddam isn't that crap depressing?

I'm old school Punk from the start and I can't stand this pop punk crap they try to shove down our throats like Blink 182 and Green Day. Fucking assholes.

And it bothers me there are stores like Hot Topic selling pre fab punk clothes. Jesus Christ get your own imagination kiddies. Little pseudo-punk clones from the mall make me want to puke.

Everyone has lost originality and creativeness in the music industry. It's not like us back in High School Duchess. We started it for these little pansy asses who will whore themselves out to the first record company that will give them a contract and tell them what to write and when to write it.

The stuff we listen/d to is timeless and still relevant today. There are some things that were done right and the (ugh) classic rock stuff is it!
i have an extensive blues collection, as well as an opera collection.a treasure i have from my Dadare some 1913 original heavy vinyl Caruso recordings.

You name it, I listen to it. Anything except ©-rap. It makes me a bit sick to find something in common with Douchess, but there is no better band that ever played a note than Pink Floyd.We played Zeppelin's Thank You asthe processionalwhen I married my husband. Santana was our first song we danced to, and there were several country songs for the dances at the reception.

Classic rock, classical, country, metal, blues, acid rock....I own it all.
Mostly classical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sszRDDRHaNg

Smiley_emoticons_smile
My musical taste is very eclectic, to me there are only two kinds of music, music I like and music I don't.

There aren't any musical genres I dislike in their entirety, my collection hasa lot of Goth and Punk (everything from the Clash to Sisters of mercy), new wave (The Strokes, Interpol, Yeah yeah yeahs and older stuff like Blondie). I also like techno/rave music, classical, rock, ambient, blues, drum and bass, breakbeats and pop music in general.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I started college as music major and prior to that I have always sampled different types. I guess you could say I have a strange appreciation for several genres of music and never really "focus" on JUST ONE.
  1. Classical: I love the baroque era of music because it has close ties to jazz