Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A weird tale that I just heard.
A friend of mine belongs to an mc club and he was getting on the on-ramp with his bike. He started getting up to speed 60mph and got pulled over by a state trooper. Now the speed limit for ramps are 35mph. That is the reason he got pulled over (on a fucking ramp????!!!) Any ways he says that the trooper got out of his car and took his picture and the fuck said "we are taking pics of gang members" My freind had patches on his coat. then he was let go to go on his way.........This pisses me off!

I now keep a camera to take pictures of state troopers taking my picture from now on. Some of these dingle-berries become classics in their own minds. Fuckers!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maggot Wrote:I now keep a camera to take pictures of state troopers taking my picture from now on. Some of these dingle-berries become classics in their own minds. Fuckers!

I hope you do this, too. Tell them that you are taking pictures of gang members. They all wear the same colors, they stand up for each other, they will lie for each other....no different from a gang. Fuckin' cops......figures.

Edited to add: There is no way he got pulled over because of his speed. That was a bullshit excuse.
I know it was bullshit.........and my crappy second camera goes in the glove-box when I get home tonight. If I see it happening I will pull the fuck over and give it back. what a bunch of crap.....wrong is just wrong in my book.
was he actually speeding and broke the law. I agree about the pictures but if he was speeding he should be thankful that he was not given a legit ticket and was sent on his way only with a few pictures taken.
Liquid Wrote:was he actually speeding and broke the law. I agree about the pictures but if he was speeding he should be thankful that he was not given a legit ticket and was sent on his way only with a few pictures taken.
Speeding is irrelevant on a ramp you are either accelerating or decelerating you could be going 30 going onto the highway ramp and you have to pick up speed to get to running speed, the same is true getting off the highway going 60 and slowing down to 35. If he was speeding he would have got a ticket. It was because he had patches. That's bullshit.
I did not know that it was legal to go 30 miles an hour over the speed limit (or more) on a highway ramp??
I now keep a camera to take pictures of state troopers taking my picture from now on. Some of these dingle-berries become classics in their own minds. Fuckers!

they will bust you for that sweets. as a cop i can only say, it's a personal safety issue. a con was overheard in visitation saying they knew where i lived. i took that as a threat. so i pulled the con out of jail cell, got a witness, and said "i will personally cap your sorry ass if i ever see you within 2 miles of my fucking house". never saw that fucker again.

Sinister Wrote:
Maggot Wrote:I now keep a camera to take pictures of state troopers taking my picture from now on. Some of these dingle-berries become classics in their own minds. Fuckers!

I hope you do this, too. Tell them that you are taking pictures of gang members. They all wear the same colors, they stand up for each other, they will lie for each other....no different from a gang. Fuckin' cops......figures.

Edited to add: There is no way he got pulled over because of his speed. That was a bullshit excuse.

The speed limit on ramps is 35 mph, yes ?.

Maggots "friend" was doing 60 mph on the ramp, yes ?

He broke the law and was lucky not to get a ticket, yes?

Or is speeding yetanother law you don't think bikers should have to obey?

At least in the above post you admit that MC clubs are just likeevery other gang i.e - scum.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I don't recall ever seeing an on-ramp with a speed limit... it's usually the off-ramps that warn you to slow down.
Let's try to clear this up for all those here who can't seem to grasp why this is bullshit.

Some on ramps around here do have posted speed limits, but they are posted for the speed that is on the highway. If you are going to do 35 mph on the ramp until you are on the highway, you're going to cause a fucking wreck trying to merge with the traffic there doing 65 mph.

Any asshat 10 minutes out of driver training knows that you accelerate to match the speed of the traffic you are merging into.

If this ramp does have a speed limit (unlikely) at what point does the speed limit increase to the speed of the highway traffic???

If you dopes would just think a little, you would realize that this cop pulling over this guy was pure and utter horseshit.
See she gets it! Unlike some otherwing-nuts who only use their head as a hat-rack.
i don't disagree. we keep a huge book in booking to place patches, tats, whatever. gang affiliations.

jackboots Wrote:i don't disagree. we keep a huge book in booking to place patches, tats, whatever. gang affiliations.
yes I can see doing that if a person breaks a law and is booked but not just to get a pic.
jackboots Wrote:i don't disagree. we keep a huge book in booking to place patches, tats, whatever. gang affilations.

Funny you should say this. GANG tats may be difficult to discern because they are obscure and mean different things for different gangs. Even where they are placed on the body can change the meaning.

But patches, as in MC colors, don't need to be "placed" as the territory for this CLUBS location is on the bottom rocker and the name of the Club is across the top rocker.

Notice it is MC, not MG? Which means motorcycle CLUB, not motorcycle GANG.

Why do cops never, ever grasp that??
Beyond the patches issues, which I AGREE WITH that there is no reason to profile someone just because they have patches on their jacket - I still think that the real issue is the speeding that was happening. I don't care about accelerating into traffic or not. If you are going 65 or 100 on an off ramp you are speeding, or at least driving recklessly (car or bike)
Liquid Wrote:Beyond the patches issues, which I AGREE WITH that there is no reason to profile someone just because they have patches on their jacket - I still think that the real issue is the speeding that was happening. I don't care about accelerating into traffic or not. If you are going 65 or 100 on an off ramp you are speeding, or at least driving recklessly (car or bike)

How do you know he was speeding? Were you there? Have you seen this on ramp which may or may not have a speed limit posted on it? This is an ON ramp, dipshit, not an off-ramp.

Do you decrease your speed on an off ramp? Most people who don't want to rear end the car in front of them do. Which verifies that ON ramps are meant to INCREASE your speed. It's really not rocket science. It's simply common sense. Which apparently you are in dire need of.

You are leaping by huge bounds to conclusions you have no means of verifying.
OK, I just got off the phone with my friend who is on the job (police officer in the city I live in). It still is speeding no matter how you look at it. He said that they ALWAYS pull people over who are speeding on on ramps. He said people regularly think it is OK to go OVER the speed limit when entering the next road, which is "reckless and dangerous" he said.
Liquid Wrote:OK, I just got off the phone with my friend who is on the job (police officer in the city I live in). It still is speeding no matter how you look at it. He said that they ALWAYS pull people over who are speeding on on ramps. He said people regularly think it is OK to go OVER the speed limit when entering the next road, which is "reckless and dangerous" he said.

You still have not answered my question asking if you were there and know he was speeding in the first place. If you really do have a friend who is a cop, (BFD) ask him how many of his fellow blue gang have ever pulled over a person for no reason but claim they were speeding (or some other excuse). If he tells you never, he is a lying sack of shit. I maintain that you were not there and you don't know if the rider was speeding in the first place. Being around Patchholders all the time - and being married to one - I can tell you that they do frequently get pulled over for no reason. They only get harrassed by copsbecause they have colors on their back.
didn't the first post in this thread say he was going 65 in a 30?

we all agree about the patch thing.
Liquid Wrote:didn't the first post in this thread say he was going 65 in a 30?

I find it highly unlikely that the posted speed limit was 35 mph for the on ramp. If it were, I ask again - where does it increase to 65 mph being legal? Is there a magic line to cross? This would mean that once that line is crossed, if they are still going 35 mph, they could be pulled over for going too slowly, since it is illegal for people to travel under 45 mph on highways. So you would have to go from 35 mph instantly to at least 45 mph to be legal. Are you following this at all?

Quit making excuses and just accept the fact that you are wrong and can't back up shit you say because you weren't there and don't have all the facts.