Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Stock Market
If you follow the stock market, how are you feeling about it right now? Have any strong feelings about the short, medium, or long-term? I think long-term it will be fine but I have no idea how choppy or terrible things can get. One negative event (financial, terrorism, etc.) and I can see another big crash due to the fragile nature right now. At the same time, recoveries and bull markets can come by surprise or when things seem down.

I think it's pretty scary and unstable out there, personally. Traditionally, that is the time to get in if you time crap. I don't time crap, I'm just expressing general sentiment looking forward.
86 112
Actually, as of late I'm quite pleased. I am in no way an expert, but I do know that my 401k has doubled over the last year. I've chosen rather conservative investments after my shit took a major dump in 08.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

How about looking forward? It revolves around expected corporate profits ... I worry about that picture considering how I don't see the job situation improving much this next year.
86 112
The idea that people who have a 401K will recieve less from S.S. because they saved and others did not has been tossed around by the Donks for a few years. The market I believe will lay flat throughout 2010 and be at the same place it is now next year at this time. But my dice are not weighted like the government.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
That does piss me off ... how politicians can just decide because you have saved hard over the years you will get less from all your years of contributing with a SS tax.
86 112
I honestly am not counting on jack shit ever coming back to me from my SS contributions.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

My husband is a stock broker/investment management analyst. I'd ask him but then I'd have to listen to his answer.

Commando Cunt Queen
Ya, I really dont wanna know all the in's and outs like I'm sure your hubby would explain, I just wanna say "Here's my money, take it and invest it wisely so that I make a bit of cash for my retirement, and not lose my ass if the market takes a shit."

I asked. It went something like this...

"blah, blah, Warren Buffett says forecasting tells more about the forecaster than the market, blah, blah, market has currently retracted about 6%, blah, blah, wouldn't expect more than a 10-20% retraction, blah, blah, with low interest rates and the continued problems in the realestate market, blah, blah, the money will come back to the market because its the best place to have your money at this time.

:|
Commando Cunt Queen
::lol:: Thanks ...
86 112
He is right about one thing , it's the forecaster not the forecast. Smiley_emoticons_fies
(02-15-2010, 02:16 PM)thekid65 Wrote: but I do know that my 401k has doubled over the last year.
I'm thinking that the only way this is possible is if you started a year ago with maybe $1000 and you put in $925 over the year and it might have gained the other 7.5% from the market.
I continually get the feeling that this recovery, in and out of the market, is not quite real.
86 112
(02-17-2010, 07:56 PM)Middle Finger Wrote: I continually get the feeling that this recovery, in and out of the market, is not quite real.

The Market is about as genuine as Ramsey's "boyfriend" and about as predictable as OP's temper.
Thats it I am investing in fake scratch tickets and building it on someones dream. Fuckit. Smiley_emoticons_smile