Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people discuss their legal matters
online?

I was reading some older stuff, and I noticed someone doing this exact same thing.

Did they not get justice IRL so they want some Internet justice? Do they want others (who are in no way involved) to validate them? Do they have the legal bug stuck up their ass?

I don't get it. I always think people who have been arrested and charged with a crime have little, or no, self-control. (Which I guess would answer my original question. Sorry for wasting your time.)
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
MANY times over the years i have had people ask me for legal advice either privately or in public. i am always careful to give general information but not advice. i think they just want someone to talk to about perceived injustices...
someone to commiserate and tell them they are right.

(10-19-2010, 06:13 PM)Cracker Wrote: Did they not get justice IRL so they want some Internet justice?

That's probably exactly why they do it. Pats on the back, sympathy, people to comment how unfairly they have been treated, blah, blah, fuckin' blah. I've never understood why ANYONE would discuss their private life in such an open manner over the internet.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think it's strange behavior. I can see asking Lady Cop a question in private, but to spill your entire story online just seems idiotic to me. Who even cares (unless you are posting from prison, then I need to know before I send money)?

If you won your case and were innocent, yay!, now stfu about it and move on with your life. If you were guilty and won (won't mention names here, but still disgusts me), I just want to get all vigilante on your ass.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
She sure knows how to dispose of bodies! hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
a little anecdote if i may...about 5 years ago a woman joined a forum just to talk to me. she never posted. but she PMed me about her son. he was being sentenced to prison for a crime involving pedophilia. the poor lady was beside herself with fear for her son's life.
well, i have my opinions about pedophiles, but i wanted to give that lady a little peace. so i told her he would be housed with other offenders of the same type, and could be put into protective custody if he wanted.
she was able to sleep after that. and later came back to tell me i was right. i'm glad i could help her.
we have had others that are preoccupied with a legal matter because it defined their life at the time. so you try to be encouraging, it's all you can do.
as for writing from prison...there are prisoner forums out there where family and friends of inmates stay in touch.

(10-19-2010, 06:44 PM)Maggot Wrote: She sure knows how to dispose of bodies! hah

stop that or you're next! 28

(10-19-2010, 06:44 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: a little anecdote if i may...about 5 years ago a woman joined a forum just to talk to me. she never posted. but she PMed me about her son. he was being sentenced to prison for a crime involving pedophilia. the poor lady was beside herself with fear for her son's life.
well, i have my opinions about pedophiles, but i wanted to give that lady a little peace. so i told her he would be housed with other offenders of the same type, and could be put into protective custody if he wanted.
she was able to sleep after that. and later came back to tell me i was right. i'm glad i could help her.
we have had others that are preoccupied with a legal matter because it defined their life at the time. so you try to be encouraging, it's all you can do.
as for writing from prison...there are prisoner forums out there where family and friends of inmates stay in touch.

You are kinder than I. I would have to tell her what happens to pedophiles in prison. I guess I am not very forgiving. Good thing I don't pretend to be a forgiving person on Sundays.

If you are preoccupied with a legal matter, stay off the Internet. I'm sure any attorney would give this same advice. If you are preoccupied with anything, in fact, stay off the Internet and take care of your real life.

If the only strange you can pull is in prison, bless your heart.

You are more used to dealing with truly corrupted individuals than the rest of us are. I don't like to deal with people who can't keep their shit together.
that poor lady had a broken heart. it wasn't her fault. she needed some reassurance her rotten son wouldn't be shanked in prison. didn't cost me anything to be kind to her. Smiley_emoticons_smile
and what happens to pedophiles in prison is largely bullshit, they are all housed together in the kiddie-raper block(s).

I am a horrible person, but I blame most parents for the fuckupedness of their own children.
that doesn't make you horrible. Smiley_emoticons_wink
but we all know good people with lousy kids.

For the same reason that some people talk about their love life on line. Some of it good, some of it bad, (some of it made up) again most likely looking for concurrence with their views. (Not all that smart!)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(10-19-2010, 07:17 PM)Carsman Wrote: For the same reason that some people talk about their love life on line. Some of it good, some of it bad, (some of it made up) again most likely looking for concurrence with their views.

So, in a word, they are needy? Because I don't like needy, either. By adulthood you should have your ducks in a row, be able to stand your own company, keep your own counsel, and not be a needy bitch.
After realizing that he had no money for a lawyer John reached out to his very close internet friends for advice after his recent arrest in the red light district, combining love and legal advice in one sweaty ball of spaghetti.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I think I am going to start giving out bad legal advice on the Internet for my new hobby.
(10-19-2010, 07:23 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(10-19-2010, 07:17 PM)Carsman Wrote: For the same reason that some people talk about their love life on line. Some of it good, some of it bad, (some of it made up) again most likely looking for concurrence with their views.

So, in a word, they are needy? Because I don't like needy, either. By adulthood, you should have your ducks in a row, be able to stand your own company, keep your own counsel, and not be a needy bitch.

I let my ducks swim willy-nilly in the bathtub but I generally agree. A pet peeve of mine is people who, well into adulthood, continue to blame their parents for their fucked up lives. And it's not just people who actually had really screwed up upbringings...my BIL is out of work (has been for close to two years) and he basically blames it on his father because his dad had too high expectations of him when he was a kid or some such shit. It's ridiculous.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-19-2010, 07:30 PM)username Wrote: I let my ducks swim willy-nilly in the bathtub but I generally agree. A pet peeve of mine is people who, well into adulthood, continue to blame their parents for their fucked up lives. And it's not just people who actually had really screwed up upbringings...my BIL is out of work (has been for close to two years) and he basically blames it on his father because his dad had too high expectations of him when he was a kid or some such shit. It's ridiculous.

I blame your sister for supporting his ass. lol. Tell her your Internet attorney said to drop him. (Proper legal advice would be for her to wait for him to become employed so he has to pay more child support/alimony. But that would be at least a year down the road. Nobody fucks that good.)
If you're some middle aged fuck discussing your legal problems on an internet forum then chances are you're a crack head loser and deserve bad advice.
(10-19-2010, 07:23 PM)Cracker Wrote:

So, in a word, they are needy? Because I don't like needy, either. By adulthood you should have your ducks in a row, be able to stand your own company, keep your own counsel, and not be a needy bitch.

Well growing to adulthood is manditory & just is a matter of time, but growing to maturity is optional!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!