Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Discuss Generational Poverty at Mock
Some creepers try to fantasize in writing on Mock about how wonderful their lives are compared to everybody else. Which is amusing in and of itself as I believe most us have homes and drive cars and have families. It is ever so much more special to me, I think, because I understand the psychology of generational poverty.

Here is why Cracker is not fooled by "White Trash Who Curse Too Much":

1. Persons raised in generational poverty do not place importance on education. They do not see the relationship between effort exerted over time and increased payoff. What they understand is work (not career, mind you, work) that gives immediate, short term benefit. People raised in the middle class understand the relationship between education and future security. People raised in wealth choose educations that enrich their own passion for arts, altruism, political aspirations, etc.

2. People raised in generational poverty brag about their specific belongings and current financial situation, not realizing the economy is dynamic and fortunes change from year to year. People raised in the middle class do not discuss finances with people they do not know personally, but plan for possible difficulties in the future. People raised in wealthy homes do not discuss their finances with anyone and are not subject to economic woes.

3. People raised in generational poverty belong to an oral culture, so they often spell as they speak, or phonetically (Victoria Secrets, Walmarts, trama). People raised in the middle classes are part of the print culture and are therefore more able to spell and use words correctly and have a larger vocabulary. Wealthy people have a vernacular of their own.

4. People raised in generational poverty are more apt to abuse each other verbally and physically, including members of their own family, as there are fewer taboos in the lower classes. There are clearly defined roles for each member of the family. Men are expected to be lovers and fighters. Women are expected to take care of her man first and the children second. People are the most important possessions of those raised in poverty, so they will often "take up" for each other. People raised in the middle classes don't have neatly defined roles. Both sexes can establish careers and live fulfilling lives. Wealthy people can do whatever the fuck they want.

Very few people are the kind of wealthy I am discussing here. Bill Gates wealthy. Most of us are some variation of the middle classes, except the few white trash that have blown in over the last month or so. Murder trials do bring freaks with them. I have always heard that.

This direct quote cracked me up and reminded me of the whore (not you, Duchess): "Mating dance—The dance is about using the body in a sexual way to attract the opposite sex. Clothing may be revealing as opposed to expensive. Despite welfare reform efforts, the system still pays young women to have children and extends their allotted time on the system. One must have a mate to have a child, and to find one on a limited budget may mean that you have to show some skin." Remember her first avatar? hahahaha

This one explains SevenIQ: "People learn their life lessons through humiliation, retaliation and hard knocks. Instead of supporting one another with compliments and kindness, they challenge one another with insults and dares to build strength of character. They build themselves up by putting others down instead of striving to come up to the level of success that they envy. It is the harsh reality of the neighborhood, and no one who dwells there escapes it."

You people are white trash and I know it. You don't fool anybody.

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I has me two sets of shoes.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I have 4 pairs of pants and a bunch of socks with holes in the toes but I scrunch them up under my foot when the shoes go on. My kids wear socks for mittens on the sled hill but nobody ever says anything.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-26-2010, 03:10 AM)Cracker Wrote: This direct quote cracked me up and reminded me of the whore (not you, Duchess

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-26-2010, 08:50 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I has me two sets of shoes.

I has nothing.

(11-26-2010, 11:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-26-2010, 08:50 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I has me two sets of shoes.

I has nothing.

I has me 2.5 sets of shoes, so that must put me on the upscale end of the poverty level.
I will look down upon Duchess and Dick for not being as rich as Moi....and will stomp on them with my .5 set of shoes.
And....with the 3" of rain we recently acquired, I can now boast of of waterfront home just like DS. My 68 single wide has never looked prettier from my duct taped piece of Plexiglass I call a window.

Rich bitch. 86

I had to have this training because I work in a field that doesn't employ enough minorities or women. I sat through several full days listening to differences between the classes and why you can't trust some people to show up the day after payday. Mostly I thought, "WTF?" during the conferences. It was intended to help us be more sensitive to persons coming from abject poverty, but all it really did was teach a room full of people how to identify poor people. Not the intended outcome, me thinks.

When DoubleStacked says, "I have my health", to me that says generational poverty. Middle classes go to the doctor for every sniffle, po' folks wait until they are very ill. They feel it is some special blessing to have good health because they eat carb-laden foods (all WIC approved, of course) growing up, deep fry or pan fry everything, and use reproduction for exercise. It is a miracle when they sustain good health for any length of time.

It takes two full generations born out of poverty to end the cycle. She doesn't count because her boobies bought her a pass. Her great-grandchildren may have a chance.

Most people who live in poverty in America are white because the largest portion of the population is white (for now, I see that changing). Does it bother me that she follows me around with her venom and brings her pappy (who's yer daddy?) to help? Nah, I just mostly feel sorry for them. Maybe she'll read this and figure out how not to act like white trash. Then something good will rise out of her stupidity.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(11-26-2010, 12:15 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: And....with the 3" of rain we recently acquired, I can now boast of of waterfront home just like DS. My 68 single wide has never looked prettier from my duct taped piece of Plexiglass I call a window.

hah
i have to use a cheap keyboard with no caps. 3421

I don't go to the doctor unless I am dying.
I guess I is po.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
<---------Christmas po is O.K.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-26-2010, 11:43 AM)Maggot Wrote: I have 4 pairs of pants and a bunch of socks with holes in the toes but I scrunch them up under my foot when the shoes go on. My kids wear socks for mittens on the sled hill but nobody ever says anything.

My parents made us put bread sacks over our shoes in the snow with a big rubber band around the top. Fucking people raised in the Depression. Throw the fucking Wonder Bread bag away.

Did we have snow boots? Yes. I am from the Sierra Nevadas. Why the bread bags? So we don't ruin our snow boots.

(11-26-2010, 01:05 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't go to the doctor unless I am dying.
I guess I is po.
The last time I went to the doctors for a check up was 8 years ago. It has nothing to do with how much money I make. I just dread going to the doctors, especially the Gyno.

(11-26-2010, 01:45 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-26-2010, 01:05 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't go to the doctor unless I am dying.
I guess I is po.
The last time I went to the doctors for a check up was 8 years ago. It has nothing to do with how much money I make. I just dread going to the doctors, especially the Gyno.

Would you say "the doctors" is like saying "Walmarts" or "Krogers"? Or do you have to have more than one doctor look at your lady bits? One to find the keys and one to drive out? hahahaha (I pulled that one out of my ass from junior high, I think.)
My grand parents came to this country because they were starving, but they thrived through the depression because the times were not as tough as what they came from. They made sure their children were educated; they taught their children to be happy for the blessings they recieved. They were poor by any of todays standards, but they were decent god fearing people. That makes them rich in my book.

Wealth has nothing to do with character.

Neither does having class.
You can't interject immigrants into this conversation. We all came from somewhere else (unless you are a true Native American). We have our own rules for American Generational Poverty. I'm not talking about the poor Irish or the starving Russians or persecuted Jews, etc. That is called situational poverty (as in the Great Depression). Generational poverty is what we are brewing in our projects and trailer parks. It IS different. Completely.

There is a marked difference in cultures. If you don't think so, you live in an insulated district and don't hang out in the poor part of town too often. LC should be able to clarify this fact. Ever watched Cops and wondered if people like that are real? They are. And it is more common than you see. You just don't live in it.
Character and class mean the same thing to me.
(11-26-2010, 02:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Neither does having class.

I disagree. Some people are truly raised to have no manners (what we commonly call "class"). I'll give you an example that I used to taunt Julie. Why are black folks so loud? There is a reason given by sociologists. First, not all folks of color are loud. The Obamas probably don't hoot and holler in the mall or theater. Other persons of color, though, are raised to be loud and obnoxious (my standard, not one of generational poverty). The louder you are, the more attention you get in a poor household overrun by kids. If you are quiet or withdrawn, you are often ignored or bullied. Loud and theatrical are the key characteristics of poor people popular with their own peers. It insures their survival.

The main thing to understand is the value of things and how they are ranked in different cultures. I told the turkey/Mercedes story in another thread because it irked me, but it is a common occurrence. I know the reason why: To an impoverished person, entertainment is more important than security. That's why there are people with expensive video game systems who live in pay-by-the-week live-in motels. It is more important for them to have fun (because life sucks) than it is to keep a roof over their heads or utilities working.

I see this shit all the time. The classes are only separated by railroad tracks in the South. Now, the separation is starting to crumble because Obama decided we all needed to mix more. There are a rash of breakins in my county since the Obama-buy-a-house-even-if-you-are-irresponsible-and-can't-afford-it programs and since they built one set of apartments. You can't say that doesn't have to do with the behavior of the classes.

Every different culture is defined by historical occurrences and circumstance. It takes several generations to form fuck-upedness and several generations to undo it. I firmly believe this.